DRDO flight tests man-portable anti-tank guided missile
A guided missile named “Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) “which has been indigenously developed by India’s Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) has been successfully flight tested.
- A man-portable launcher that was integrated with thermal site was used to launch this missile.
- In direct attack mode, the missile hit the target and successfully destroyed it with impressive precision.
- DRDO issued a statement saying that all the mission objectives being checked upon were successfully met. The missile has been successfully tested for the maximum as well as the minimum range.
Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM)
- The missile has been fitted with state-of-the-art Infrared Imaging Seeker plus advanced avionics.
- This man-portable missile is launched using a tripod that has been designed 2.5 km maximum range with a launch weight below 15 Kg.
- Guided Flight Tests are being planned next.
Rajnath Singh, India’s Defence Minister has congratulated DRDO for the successful test this missile.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|