Delhi Metro launches India’s first UPI-based Cashless Parking
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) launched India’s first FASTag or Unified Payments Interface (UPI)-based parking facility on July 6, 2021.
- This facility was launched to reduce time for entry and payment.
- Under the Multi-Model Integration (MMI) initiative, dedicated Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) lanes were also inaugurated for autos, taxis and r-Rickshaws at the station.
- DMRC is also planning to set up similar systems at other parking facilities across Delhi-NCR.
About FASTag or UPI-based Parking facility
- This facility was launched at Kashmiri Gate metro station by Dr Mangu Singh, Managing Director of DMRC. It can accommodate 55 four-wheelers and 174 two-wheelers.
- Entry and exit payment of 4-wheelers can be done through the FASTag. Parking will be deducted through FASTag which in turn will reduce time for entry and payment. This facility would only allow vehicles with FASTag to park under it.
- Entry for 2-wheelers can be done only by swiping DMRC smart card. Smart card swipe will be used only for registering the time of entry & exit and for fare calculation. Money will not be deducted from card while swiping. Parking fee can be paid through UPI apps by scanning QR Code.
Cashless parking project is a major step under government’s ‘Digital India’ initiative.
Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) lanes
Intermediate public transport lanes for Auto, taxi and e-Rickshaws were also inaugurated to enable smooth movement of vehicles and to enhance last mile connectivity of Kashmiri Gate station. The initiative is a part of Multi-model Integration (MMI) project taken up at station.
Multi-model Integration project
Second phase of MMI project is under construction under which there will be a Food Court. It will be established by DTIDC. A Bus-Terminal will also be constructed by DMRC. After completion of second phase, Kashmiri Gate will become a transportation hub by integrating metro connectivity with parking facility, city bus service & taxi, ISBT Kashmiri Gate, auto, e-Rikshaw services.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|