Delhi Airport among world’s top-50 best airports in 2021
The Skytrax World Airport Award ranking 2021 was recently published in which Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi has emerged among world’s top-50 best airports in the 2021.
- Delhi Airport emerged as best airport in India for the third consecutive year.
- Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru have also found a rank among world’s 100 best airports.
Airport ranking list
- According to Skytrax 2021 world airport’s awards list, Delhi has been ranked at 45th position. Ranking has improved by five places as compared to number 50 in 2020. Delhi airport is first Indian airport to achieve this mark.
- Hyderabad has been ranked at 64th Its raking has been improved by seven places against 71st in 2020.
- Mumbai is at 65th number, 13 places down from 52nd position in 2020.
Bengaluru is at 71st number, 3 places down from 68th rank in 2020.
Ranking of airports globally
- World’s top-5 airports include:
- Doha Hamad International Airport
- Tokyo Haneda airport
- Changi airport Singapore
- Seoul Incheon International Airport and
- Tokyo Narita
How airports are ranked?
United Kingdom based Skytrax provides the best airports awards on the basis of customer reviews. Ranking is considered as the quality benchmark for world airport industry. It assesses customer service and facilities across 550 airports.
Skytrax is a United Kingdom-based consultancy, running an airline and airport review & ranking site.
Indira Gandhi International Airport
This international aviation hub of New Delhi is spread over an area of 5,106 acres. It is situated in Palam and has been named after former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi. It is the busiest airport of India in terms of passenger traffic since 2009. Globally, it is the 17th busiest airport and 6th busiest airport in Asia by passenger traffic. It handles about 70 million passengers. It was operated by the Indian Air Force and transferred to the Airports Authority of India, later. In 2006, management of IGI was transferred to Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), led by the GMR Group.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|