Delhi: Action plan to combat Air pollution in winters
Chief Minister (CM) of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, on October 4, 2021 announced winter action plan to combat Air pollution in the state.
- CM announced that, only buses and taxis coming to Delhi from other states will be converted into CNG.
- Apart from that, specific areas in the NCR region will be marked as pollution hotspots in order to create a plan for mitigation and to help fight pollution in the region.
Winter Pollution in Delhi
The biggest problem that Delhi is going to face in upcoming weeks will be pollution from paddy stubble burning in states like Punjab and Haryana.
- CM identified ten areas of focus for the season.
- Focus areas include:
- Measures to mitigate dust pollution & Garbage burning,
- Paddy straw burning & Control using Pusa Bio Decomposer,
- Ban on firecrackers,
- Installing smog towers,
- Monitoring pollution hotspots,
- Controlling vehicular pollution,
- Effective operations of the green war room and
- Green Delhi app etc.
Green Delhi App
Delhi government launched “Green Delhi app” in a bid to enable citizen participation for maintaining vigilance against pollution. About 23,000 complaints have been received on the app, till date. Out of them, government has successfully resolve 93% of the complaints.
Green War Room
Government is also effectively analysing fight against pollution in real time through green war room. It is a program management room, created in collaboration with University of Chicago and GDI Partners. For the operation of room, 50 new Environment Engineers have been recruited.
Pusa Bio Decomposer
Pusa Bio Decomposer helps in quicker stubble decompose and do away the need to set fire to the fields after harvesting crops. Delhi government is in touch with the Centre government to use Pusa Bio Decomposer.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|