Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: December 17, 2021
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for December 17, 2021
– 50th Vijay Diwas: PM merges four flames of Swarnim Vijay Mashaal into Eternal Flame at National War Memorial in New Delhi
– Defence Minister Rajnath Singh issues commemorative stamp on 50th Vijay Diwas
– Parliament pays homage to martyrs for their supreme sacrifice during 1971 Indo-Pakistan war on 50th Vijay Diwas
– Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane takes charge as Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee
– Supreme Court allows resumption of bullock cart race in Maharashtra
LITERACY & NUMERACY INDEX
– The ‘Index on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy’, an indicator of literacy among children below 10 years, released by Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) chairman Bibek Debroy on December 16, 2021
– The Index prepared by ‘Institute for Competitiveness’
– Four categories: large states, small states, Union Territories and North East.
– West Bengal (58.95) topped the chart and Bihar languished at the bottom in the ‘large states’ category.
– In the ‘small states’ category, Kerala (67.95) grabbed the top spot and Jharkhand was adjudged the worst performer on the index.
– Lakshadweep (52.69) and Mizoram (51.64) are top-scoring regions in the Union Territory and Northeast state category, respectively.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
– India’s nuclear power capacity of 6,780 MW planned to be hiked to 22,480 MW by 2031: Govt
– National Conclave on Natural Farming organised by Gujarat Govt. from December 14 to 16
– Defence Minister Rajnath Singh gives Raksha Mantri Awards for Excellence 2021 in New Delhi
– DST-CII Technology Summit 2021 organised in New Delhi
– Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi launches fourth tranche of auction of 99 coal mines including 24 new mines
– IMF chief economist Gita Gopinath calls on Prime Minister Narendra Modi
– Kumar Mangalam Birla receives Global Entrepreneur of the Year Award from The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE)
– World Bank unveils $93 billion support aid for poorest nations to recover from Covid-19 crisis
– IAEA, Iran agree to replace surveillance cameras at Karaj nuclear site
– Typhoon Rai hits southern Philippines, thousands of people evacuated
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|