Current Affairs: November 15, 2011
Apex court raps Uttar Pradesh on Taj Mahal protection
- The Supreme Court Tuesday rapped the Uttar Pradesh government for failing to explain whether water supply for the wooden foundation of the Taj Mahal was sufficient to prevent any damage to the monument.
US men’s kabaddi team suspended
- The technical committee of 2nd Pears World Cup Kabaddi Punjab-2011 scratched United States of America’s men’s team on disciplinary ground. Disciplinary action been taken as 4 members of the US team refused to give samples to National Anti-Doping Agency for analysis in Hoshiarpur. US were leading in Pool B by winning all the five matches they had played in the league phase. They were considered strong contenders in pool B. Earlier, Australia men’s team were also scratched as their 5 players were tested positive. The Punjab Government has made it clear from the beginning that those who tested positive would not be spared and would be banned from participation.
Tribals pay homage to Birsa Munda
- Tribals paid their tributes to Bhagawan Birsa Munda on the occasion his 137th birthday celebration. Birsa Munda, born at Ulihatu at Jharkhand, launched a movement against the landlord-British combine and declared an end to Victorian and the establishment of the Munda Rule .
Birsa Munda was endeared as the God incarnate and therefore called “Bhgawan Birsa Munda”
- There was a demand for the inclusion of the
language in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
The language has its own script invented by the Mundari scholar Pandit Rohidas Singh Nag of Salbani village with which all types of Mundari terminology can be communicated.
Uttar Pradesh cabinet decides to divide state into four
- The Uttar Pradesh cabinet decided to divide the state into four: Purvanchal, Pashcim Pradesh, Bundelkhand and Awadh Pradesh.
Standard Chartered unveils “Breeze Banking in India”
- Standard Chartered Bank unveiled Breeze Banking for India, becoming the first international bank to introduce a suite of customisable banking services incorporating internet, smartphone technology and social media. Breeze Banking addresses the financial needs of India s growing segment of tech-savvy, globally-connected urban tribe who value convenience, personalised services and transaction freedom.
CAG Vinod Rai deposes before JPC
- India’s top government auditor Vinod Rai will depose before the Joint Parliament Committee (JPC) on Tuesday, a day after his former colleague contradicted the controversial 2G audit report saying the presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore in the radiowave allocation was only a “mathematical guess”
IOR-ARC meeting begins-Krishna for coordinated combat against piracy
- Chairing the inaugural session of the 11th Council of Ministers meeting of the Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation (IOR-ARC), External Affairs Minister S M Krishna asked the Indian Ocean countries to enhance coordinated effort to combat piracy which is posing a serious threat in the region.
Indian Ocean Rim grouping to boost trade
- The Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation (IOR-ARC) decided to support intra-regional growth of business through infrastructure building and trade facilitation to boost intra-trade.
India can soon resume purchase of Uranium from Australia
- India can soon resume purchase of uranium from Australia to fuel its nuclear power plants following the decision of the island continent to reconsider its decision on ban of sale of Uranium.
AGNI-4 hits the pre designated target in international waters
- India today successfully test fired the most advanced long range missile system Agni-4 from a Road Mobile System from the Wheelers Island off the Odisha coast. The missile, had a text book trajectory and reached a height of about 900 Km and reached the pre-designated target in the international waters of Bay of Bengal. The Missile System has opened a new era in the class of Long Range Missile having capability to carry Strategic Warheads for the Forces and has provided a fantastic deterrence to the country. The Missile is lighter in weight and has two stages of Solid Propulsion and a Payload with Re-entry heat shield.
TCS, Wipro among top 10 in carbon disclosure leadership index
- IT bellwether Tata Consultancy Service (TCS) and Wipro declared among the top ten companies in the leadership index for the Carbon Disclosure Project in India for 2011.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|