Current Affairs: December 3, 2011
Sukna land scam: Lt.Gen. Avadesh Prakash sacked by court martial
- Indian Army’s former military secretary, Lt. Gen. (retd) Avadesh Prakash was dismissed from service by an army court martial for his involvement in a land scam at Sukna military station in West Bengal in 2008, becoming the senior-most officer to be sacked from service.
Kolaveri Di song an example of viral marketing
- The soup song has become an anthem for the future managers of the country. The Indian Institutes of Management (lIMs) are treating the popular song Kolaveri Di from an upcoming mmii film ‘3’ as a classic example of “viral marketing“.
Australian cricket great Loxton dies aged 90
- Former all-rounder Sam Loxton, a member of Don Bradman’s team that went through the 1948 Test tour of England undefeated, has died at the age of 90. He was active in politics after cricket, and was also a Test selector between 1972 and 1981.
Dec 3: World Disabled Day
- World Disabled Day observed on December 3, 2011.
‘Sine die’ in M.P. Assembly
- The curtains descended on the Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s 12-day Winter Session that witnessed 10 sittings, as Speaker Ishwardas Rohani adjourned the House ‘sine die’.
SARi: Zuma vows to achieve green growth with or without climate deal
- South African President Jacob Zuma endorsed the establishment of the South African Renewables Initiative (SARi) funding mechanism during the 17th Conference of Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).