Current Affairs – August 30, 2020 [Top Headlines]
Here are top Current Affairs of August 30, 2020
- PM inaugurates College and Administration Buildings of Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University, Jhansi (UP) through video conferencing
- Covid-19: Home Ministry announces Unlock 4.0 from Sept 1 to 30; metro train services can resume and social & other functions will be allowed with a limit of 100 people
- Telugu Language Day celebrated on August 29; day is birth anniversary of Telugu poet Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy
- Bihar Congress MLA Ramdeo Rai dies at 81
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Reliance Retail to buy Future Group’s retail business for Rs 24,713 crore; Future group’s brands include Big Bazaar, Easyday, Nilgiris, Central and Brand Factory
- UNSC approves resolution to cut strength of UN peacekeeping force in southern Lebanon from 15,000 to 13,000
- Indian origin WWII spy Noor Inayat Khan gets honoured with blue plaque in London
- India co-sponsors UN resolution tabled by Indonesia on women’s role in peace keeping missions
- US actor Chadwick Boseman dies at 43; well-known for his role in movie Black Panther (2018)
- The International Day Against Nuclear Tests observed on August 29; Semipalatinsk Nuclear Test site in Kazakhstan closed on this day in 1991
NATIONAL SPORTS AWARDS
- August 29 is the birth anniversary of hockey legend Dhyan Chand and is celebrated as National Sports Day in India.
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announces hike in the prize money in four of the seven categories of the National Sports and Adventure Awards
- The hike will come into effect from this year.
- The prize money for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award increased to Rs 25 lakh from the previous amount of Rs 7.5 lakh, while Arjuna Award s been enhanced to Rs 15 lakh from Rs 5 lakh.
- The Dronacharya (Lifetime) awardees, who were earlier given Rs 5 lakh, will now be richer by Rs 15 lakh, while Dronacharya (Regular) winners will be given Rs 10 lakh instead of Rs 5 lakh.
- The prize money of Dhyan Chand Award has been increased to Rs 10 lakh from Rs 5 lakh.
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|