“COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam” Campaign Launched
Tribal Affairs Minister, Arjun Munda, launched “COVID Teeka Sank Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam” campaign.
About the campaign
- This campaign will help in beating “infodemic” against coronavirus vaccine and myths, rumours, disinformation & misinformation that are adding to infodemic.
- It focusses on reassurance, pride & self-efficacy and promotes ‘Livelihoods with Health’ in tribal areas.
- It also tracks activities of Van Dhan Vikas Kendra (VDVK) and accelerates COVID-19 vaccination pace among tribals engaged in procurement, value addition & marketing of handlooms, handicrafts & forest produces.
- Campaign is being launched in partnership with UNICEF & WHO.
- It seeks to connect over 50 lakh tribals by emphasizing that, COVID-19 vaccination is free, available at nearby centres and it protects people from hospitalization cost & death as well as helps to carry forward livelihood activities.
Three key J’s of campaign
Campaign provided for 3 key J’s:
- Jeevan (Life) – Every life and livelihood is precious and vaccination is key to life.
- Jeevika (Livelihood) – Vaccination will help in continuing Van Dhan Vikas Kendra and livelihood activities without any fear of contracting the disease. It will also save hospitalization and other opportunity costs.
- Jaagrookta (Awareness) – Simplification of registration process for vaccination, place, accessibility to different people and age groups, including women & elderly population.
Significance of Campaign
Campaign will leverage strength & network of Self-Help Groups and other common points like Common Service Centres, fertilizers outlet centres, Haats & Bazaars, VDVKs & milk collection points.
How this campaign will run?
Campaign will use wall paintings comprising tribal motifs in a bid to promote vaccine uptake and COVID Appropriate Behaviour. It will use non-traditional partnerships and community reach such as involvement of traditional leaders like tadvis/patels, incentivizing adoption of vaccines using local health structures in order to vaccinate Tribal population.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|