New company to be established under Department of Space
The government has approved setting up of a new company under the Department of Space to commercially exploit the research and development work carried out by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Centers and constituent units of DOS.
Avenues for Commercialisation
The following avenues provide opportunities for commercial exploitation of ISRO programmes:
- Small satellite technology transfer to industry. The new company shall take a license from DoS/ISRO and sub-license to industries.
- Manufacture of the small satellite launch vehicle (SLV) in collaboration with the Private Sector.
- Productionisation of Polar SLV through the industry.
- Productionisation and marketing of Space-based products and services, including launch and applications;
- Transfer of Technology developed by ISRO Centers and constituent units of DoS.
- Marketing of some spin-off technologies and products, both in India and abroad.
- Any other subject which Government of India deems fit.
Recently ISRO agreed to transfer technology on Lithium-Ion cell Batteries. Constituting a new company together with providing revenues will give a boost to the Make in India campaign.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|