Co-WIN develops new API called KYC-VS
Central government announced an Aadhaar-like authentication system on September 10, 2021 to access the covid vaccination status of an individual on the CoWin platform.
- This new application programming interface (API) has been developed by CoWin. It is called ‘Know Your Customer’s or Client’s Vaccination Status’ or KYC-VS.
- The API was developed as an extra security layer in order to protect personal data before sharing it with any third-party verifying entity as and when required.
How vaccination status can be accessed?
In order to access the vaccination status of the person, his registered mobile number and name must be entered by the verifying entity in order to generate a one-time password or OTP. This two-layer authentication will enable CoWin to quickly respond on the vaccination status.
- It will show 0, if the person is not vaccinated
- 1 if the person is partially vaccinated and
- 2 if the person is fully vaccinated.
Report on vaccination will be digitally signed and can be shared instantly by the verifying entity.
CoWIN is dubbed as “Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network”. This web portal was developed by Indian government for COVID-19 vaccination registration. It is owned and operated by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The portal displays booking slots of COVID-19 vaccine in the nearby areas and can be booked through it. This portal has also been integrated with the Aarogya Setu and UMANG Apps. It also provides digitally verifiable certificate, which can be saved on a device or on Digi Locker, digitally.
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|