Clinical Trial Registry of India: 61.5% of Clinical Trials registered are from AYUSH disciplines
On September 30, 2020, the Ministry of AYUSH announced that 203 trials were registered in Clinical Trial Registry of India between March and June, 2020. Of this 61.5% were from the AYUSH disciplines.
Of the total trials registered, 70% were sponsored by the Government of India and various other stakeholders associated with the Ministry of AYUSH. These trials will help the researchers by providing enough information to strategize next course of action. Also, it will help the general public to understand about the contribution of Ayurveda in combating COVID-19.
Kerala has been successful in combating COVID-19 pandemic and for its effectiveness. It has taken several Ayurvedic steps to keep COVID-19 case count low. One of these steps is improving the immunity levels of the people. Kerala model has gained global attention in combating COVID-19.
The State was recently awarded United Nations Award for preventing, controlling non-communicable diseases. This was one of Kerala’s key strategies to control COVID-19 as well.
AYUSH Interventions for COVID-19
- In May 2020, the AYUSH Ministry launched clinical research studies on Ayurveda interventions.
- Also, AYUSH Sanjivani mobile application was recently released.
- The Ministry of AYUSH has set up Interdisciplinary Ayush Research and Development Task Force under the leadership of Dr Bhushan Patvardhan
GoI measures to regulate Ayurveda
- In 2003, the GoI published the first official list of Ayurvedic medicines. This was called Pharmacopoeia. This is considered as the first step of India in formalizing Ayurvedic system.
- In 2014, the GoI merged regulation of Yoga, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy to be collectively called as AYUSH and created a separate ministry.
- In 2017, All India Ayurveda Institute was set up in Delhi. This operates on the lines of All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- The GoI recently decided to sell Ayurvedic medicines in Jan Aushadhi stores.
- National AYUSH Mission was launched.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|