CISF Creates New Guinness World Record
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) created a new Guinness World Record for the longest single moving line bicycle parade at the Yamuna Expressway.
New World Record
- The world record was attempted to commemorate the 50 years of the paramilitary force CISF.
- For creating the World Record the personnel of the central force rode 1,327 bicycles non-stop with a uniform distance between bicycles in a single line.
- The bicycle parade covered 3.2 km distance non-stop.
- The CISF personnel displayed a high degree of discipline as entire formation had to keep moving, keeping in mind that the distance between two cycles should not exceed the length of three, for the world record to be broken
- The CISF broke the earlier record of Hubballi bicycle club of India which had 1,235 bicycles in a single chain.
Central Industrial Security Force
The CISF came into existence in 1969 with a modest three battalions, to provide integrated security cover to the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) which had occupied the commanding heights of the economy in those days.
In a span of five decades, the Force has grown several folds to reach one lakh forty-eight thousand and three hundred seventy-one personnel.
With India embracing Globalization and liberalization, CISF is no longer a PSU-centric organization. Instead, it now a premier multi-skilled security agency of the country, mandated to provide security to major critical infrastructure installations of the country in diverse areas.
CISF is currently providing security cover to nuclear installations, space establishments, airports, seaports, power plants, sensitive Government buildings heritage monuments and even Private entities.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs