China rolls out high speed 600km/hr Maglev train
On 20th July, 2021 China rolled out a 600km per hr high-speed maglev train in Qingdao located in the Shandong Province of East China.
- Currently, maglev train is the fastest available ground vehicle.
- Shenzhen to Shanghai trip which took 10 hours will now be shortened to only 2.5 hours.
- The new maglev train displays a number of technological advancements which also include a 30% more efficient self-developed brake system.
- It took 19 months to develop the magnetic poles for the whirlpool brakes on this train and they can be recycled and can withstand vibrations.
- By using forged aluminium alloys a coupler was developed for the train which has a length of only 280 millimetres and weighs less than 30kg.
- 5G WI-Fi system and wireless charging will be provided to ensure smooth telecommunications.
- This project was started in the year 2016 and a prototype vehicle was developed in the year 2019 which made a trail run in June 2020.
- The maglev train can be customized accordingly from 2 to 10 cars with each car capable of accommodating more than 100 passengers.
Only operational high-speed maglev line
Shanghai, the financial hub of China, is currently the only Chinese city which operates a high-speed maglev line. This line is operational since thy year 2003 and the Shanghai maglev train connects the Pudong airport to downtown Shanghai.
High-speed railway network of China
In the world, China has the largest high-speed railway network and covers 95% of its cities. By 2035, China aims to build 4,60,000 kilometres of highways, 25,000 kilometres of high-level sea lanes and 2,00,000 kilometres of railways.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|