Chhattisgarh launches Scheme for Tendu leaf collectors: Highlights
Chhattisgarh government has launched a social security scheme meant for the tendu leaves collectors in the state and this scheme will be beneficial for over 12 lakh families in the state, majority of them tribals and forest dwellers engaged in the collection of these leaves.
What is this scheme about?
- The scheme, named after the Congress Leader late Mahendra Karma, is to be implemented by the Forest Department and State Minor Forest Produce Federation.
- Financial assistance of Rs 2 lakhs will be provided for this to the nominee of the heir of the tendu leave collector in case of normal death of the head of the family.
- The head of the family should not be above 50 years of age and should be registered with the state government.
- In case of death due to accident, additional financial aid of Rs 2 lakhs will be provided to the family of the victims.
- For permanent disability, assistant of Rs 2 lakhs will be given and Rs 1 lakh has been earmarked for partial disability cases.
- The amount will be directly deposited to the bank accounts of the beneficiary within one month from the date of the incident.
Why is this significant?
Collection of tendu leaves is one of the main occupations for the tribal people of the state. They collect the leaves from the forests and then sell the same to the state government. These leaves are used for making bidis in the state. Through this scheme, around 12.50 lakh families will be benefitted as they are involved in this profession for ages.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|