Chhattisgarh govt to provide ₹6,000 to landless labourers
Chhattisgarh government launched the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’. Under this scheme, Rs 6000 will be provided to each of 12 lakh landless labourers.
- Scheme was launched with the provision of Rs 200 crores.
- It will benefit 12 lakh landless families.
- Chief Minister of Chattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel had announced this scheme in state legislature on July 28.
- The amount sanctioned for this scheme has been included in supplementary budget of financial year 2021-2022.
- This is the first of its kind scheme that focuses on delivering economic justice.
Aim of the scheme
This scheme has been launched with the aim of providing support to rural landless labourers with some minimum wages. This minimum wage will help them to get access to basic amenities. Beneficiaries will receive their benefits before March 31, 2022.
Under the scheme, families of the beneficiaries will be given an ensured amount of Rs 6000 annually.
Scheme also provides for a mechanism to resolve any discrepancy related to beneficiary’s bank account, within 15 days.
Focus area of the scheme
This scheme focuses on covering MGNREGA and contract workers. It will also be providing assistance to the beneficiaries like barbers, blacksmiths, washermen & washerwomen and priests in the state of Chhattisgarh.
How they can avail benefits?
Beneficiaries of the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’ are required to register themselves on dedicated portal from September 1, 2021 to November 30, 2021.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|