Central University approved in Ladakh
The Union Cabinet has given its approval of the formation of a Central University in Ladakh. This project cost for the formation of this university will be Rs 750 crore.
- In four years the first phase of the university will be completed.
- To facilitate the formation of Central University in Ladakh the bill for amending Central Universities Act, 2009 will be introduced.
- Establishing this university will aid the propagation of higher education in this region.
- The jurisdiction of this Central University will cover the entire region of Ladakh including Kargil and Leh.
Other announcements of the Cabinet
- The formation of an integrated multipurpose corporation was also announced by the cabinet. This corporation will shoulder development projects in Ladakh.
- This corporation will also look after the development of tourism, industries, and various transport services in Ladakh as well as marketing of the regions handicrafts and local products.
- This corporation will also aid in the development of infrastructure in this region and will as Ladakh’s the primary infrastructure construction agency.
- This corporation will be formed under the Companies Act and will have an authorised share capital of Rs 25 crore with an annual outlay of Rs 2.42 crore.
- This corporation will also create job opportunities in this region.
Ladakh is a Union Territory of India and it was established in the year 2019. Radha Krishna Mathur is the Lieutenant General of Ladakh.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|