CBIC launches Compliance Information Portal (CIP)
Central Board for Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) have launched the Indian Customs Compliance Information Portal (CIP) at www.cip.icegate.gov.in/CIP.
- Portal will provide free access to information on all Customs procedures and regulatory compliance.
- Information would be provided for nearly 12,000 Customs Tariff Items.
- This facilitation tool will empower business as well as any interested person with up-to-date information regarding legal and procedural requirements of Customs and Partner Government Agencies such as FSSAI, AQIS, PQIS, Drug Controller etc.
- Portal will also provide complete knowledge of all the requirements related to import and export for all items with a click. Information would be provided for items covered under Customs Tariff. Hence, it will help in improving ease of doing cross border trade.
- CIP is a pan India map that shows all the Customs seaports, airports, land customs stations etc.
- This portal also comprises of addresses of regulatory agencies and their websites.
How CIP can be used?
One can use the CIP by simply entering either the Customs Tariff Heading (CTH) or description of goods in question in order to get information to step-by-step procedures, regulatory compliances requirements such as License, Certificates, etc.
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
CBIC is the oldest nodal national agency in India that administers Customs, GST, Central Excise, Service Tax & Narcotics. It was established in 1855 by the then British Governor General of India to administer customs laws and collect import duties or land revenue. It is staffed by ministerial staff who are selected through exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) and IRS officers through Civil Services Examination.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|