CBDT launches e-nivaran to resolve I-T grievances
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has launched ’e-nivaran’ (electronic resolution) facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances.
Its link of this facility has been activated on the e-filing portal of the department –https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- The facility will be used for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances related to refunds, filing of e-returns, Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), PAN issues, and those pertaining to their Assessing Officer (AO).
- It was launched as part of CBDT’s initiative to reduce instances of harassment of the public when it comes to complaints related to the I-T department.
- Using this facility, taxpayers can register their complaints through their personal computer systems.
- After registration they will receive a special PIN number on their registered mobile and email, as their unique number to keep track of the issue.
- The ‘e-nivaran’ form will be also provided at the Aaykar Sampark Kendras (ASK) (tax facilitation centre) in a physical form which will later fed into the system by tax officials.
- Besides, there are provisions for ‘grievance description’ along with furnishing of details like mention of the Assessment Year (in case of individual) or the Financial Year (in case of deductor).