California Wildfires: Thousands of people evacuated to avoid unavoidable circumstances
California has been battling against massive wildfires which broke out last week. Nearly 771,000 acres of land and 100 homes have reportedly been destroyed by the wildfires. Considering the impact the authorities had issued evacuation orders for hundreds of thousands of people.
What are the possible causes of California wildfire?
- Combination of factors like climate change, difficult wind conditions.
- Dry and hot weather conditions.
- Lightning storm across the northern part of the state.
- Man-made cause like the poorly maintained infrastructure of Pacific Gas & Electric company.
Deadliest Wildfire history of California
- In 2018, the CampFire was considered as the most destructive wildfire in California history. A total of 86 people died due to the incident. The total damage estimate was 16.5 billion USD.
- The recent fire broke out in The August Complex in the Mendocino National Forest. It caused a total of 5 civilian fatalities as of now.
Some of the repeated wildfire areas of California are Oakland, Riverside County, Orange County, San Bernardino County, and Los Angeles County.
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|