CAG Rajiv Mehrishi elected External Auditor for WHO
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India Rajiv Mehrishi has been elected as external auditor of World Health Organization (WHO) for a period of four years from year 2020 to 2023.
- CAG Rajiv Mehrishi was elected at 72nd World Health Assembly (WHA) held in Geneva, Switzerland on May 2019.
- He will take over the charge from the Supreme Audit Institution of Philippines which is the incumbent External Auditor of WHO.
- At 72nd WHA, CAG of India was elected with a majority of 90 votes out of 162 votes in first round of voting itself. Apart from India others competing for elected position includes Auditors General of United Kingdom (UK) of Great Britain, Congo, France, Northern Ireland, Ghana and Tunisia.
- Other Appointments: In March 2019 the CAG was chosen for the post of External Auditor of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Rome Italy thus the external auditor of WHO is the second major international audit assignment for CAG in same year.
- Currently, CAG Mehrishi is also on the Board of Auditors of United Nations (UN) and Vice-Chair of the UN Panel of External Auditors (UNPEA).
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Topics: 72nd World Health Assembly • Board of Auditors of United Nations • CAG Mehrishi • Comptroller and Auditor General of India • External Auditor of Food and Agriculture Organization • Rajiv Mehrishi • UN Panel of External Auditors • UNPEA