Cabinet approves MoU between India and UK in the field of Public Administration and Governance Reforms
The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and United Kingdom for Cooperation in the field Public Administration and Governance Reforms.
This MoU was signed between both countries in November, 2015 during Prime Minister Narendra’s official visit to UK.
- Under this MoU the co-operation will be in areas like sharing good governance practices in public administration, reducing bureaucracy in service delivery and user led service design.
- It will also be in areas like Government Process Re-engineering, Public Grievance Redress Mechanism, Building and developing staff capability, Local Government Reforms.
- Cooperation in Reforms towards strengthening of social security, Collaboration in strategies for promotion of ethics in Government will be also part of it.
The provisions of this MoU will be implemented by a Joint Working Group on Public Administration and Governance.
- This MoU was signed as per the Union Government’s decision of quantum shift in online delivery of Government Services in the context of ‘Minimum Government with Maximum Governance’ across the country.
- The Citizen-Centric Online Services are very foundation of an efficient public administration system that leads to accountability and transparency in the governance and also fosters equitable growth.
- So far, Union Government has signed similar bilateral MoU with China, Malaysia, Singapore and also with Brazil and South Africa (trilateral).