Brajesh Mishra passed away
The first National Security Advisor of India, Brajesh Mishra passed away. Mishra (84) was instrumental in making of the foreign policies during the NDA regime of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Mishra was son of the former congress Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, late Dwarka Prasad Mishra and one of the heavyweights among the Indian diplomats. He kept many credits to his name:
- He was Indian permanent representative to Geneva
Served Indian ambassador to Indonesia
- He was Indian permanent representative to United Nation
- He later became member of Bhartiya Janata Party from April 1991 to March 1998. Later he worked as principal secretary to former Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- He played a significant role in guiding foreign policies and the security exercises that motivated the NDA government to hold Pokharan-2.
Topics: Atal • Atal Bihari Vajpayee • Bharatiya Janata Party • Bihari • Brajesh Mishra • Electoral history of Atal Bihari Vajpayee • Government of India • Indian people • Kanchan Gupta • Members of the Lok Sabha • Mishra • National Security Advisor