BrahMos missile successfully test-fired
The land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile with an extended range increased from 290 km to 450 km was successfully test fired.
The missile was test fired from a Mobile Autonomous Launcher (MAL) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. It met its mission parameters fully by achieving 100% results.
About BrahMos missile
- BrahMos supersonic cruise missile has been designed and developed by BrahMos Aerospace, a joint venture of India and Russia.
- It name has been derived from the names of two rivers, India’s Brahmaputra River and Russia’s Moskva River.
- Features: It has top supersonic speed of Mach 2. It is two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant.It is capable of carrying a warhead of 300 kilogram, both conventional and nuclear.
- Range: Its earlier strike range was 290 km. But after India’s induction into the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) in June 2016, missile’s range has been increased beyond 300km in the same configuration.
- Another version of the missile with a strike range of 800 km is under development.
- Deployment: It has already been inducted into the Indian Army and Navy, while the Air Force version is in the final stage of trials. Navy’s first version was inducted in 2005 on INS Rajput.
- The Indian Army is already equipped with three regiments of Block III version of Brahmos missiles. Now, it is fully operational with two regiments of the Army.
Odisha’s Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana
The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik recently declared working journalists of the State of Od...
India-Russia 2+2 Dialogue
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Russian President Vladimir Putin recently agreed to establi...
ROPAX Jetty Project on River Dhamra
The Government of India recently approved Rs 50 crores to develop an all-weather ROPAX in Odisha. Th...
S-400 Triumf SA-21 Growler
The Russian Government has agreed to deliver the first regimental set of S-400 Triumf SA-21 Growler ...
Mask Abhiyan of Odisha
The Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently launched a fourteen day “Mask Abhiyan” initiat...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|