‘Bharat Gaurav’ scheme- Key Facts
Indian Railways has launched a new scheme called “Bharat Gaurav Scheme” on November 23, 2021. Under this scheme, private tour operators can take trains on lease from railways and run these trains on any circuit of their choice.
- Private operators would also get the freedom to decide routes, fares and quality of services on the trains.
- For this purpose, railways have earmarked 3033 ICF coaches, roughly equal to 150 trains.
- Anyone including from trusts, societies, consortia and even state governments can apply to lease these trains and run them on special theme-based tourism circuits.
Theme-based tourism circuit means, trains like:
- Guru Kripa which goes to all places linked to Guru Nanak
- Ramayan-themed train which goes to all places related to Lord Ram.
Who can apply for this?
Any interested party can apply online to lease the train, by registering with a one-time fee of Rs 1 lakh. This arrangement can be made for two to 10 years. Operators will also require to give a security deposit of Rs 1 crore per rake. Size of each train will be 14-20 coaches, including two guard vans. Railways will just look after haulage charges and Right to Use fee.
What are the parameters of this scheme?
Parameters of the Bharat Gaurav scheme are that, Operator will have to offer sightseeing, local transport (taxi etc), food, onboard entertainment, hotels at stopover places etc.
Special Units for operators
The railways will set up special units across the zones, in order to facilitate and handhold the operators. Railways has also allowed branding and advertisement inside and on the exterior of such trains.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|