August 21: International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism observed by UN
21st August is observed as the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism by the United Nations.
Key Highlights of the events
- It was the third commemoration of the day.
- An online high-level event with the title “Not Forgotten: Stories of Remembrance of Victims of Terrorism”, was held.
- A short film was launched in remembrance of the victims and survivors.
What are the objectives of the day?
- To pay gratitude and support to the victims and survivors of terrorist attacks.
- To promote and protect the fundamental rights and liberty of the victims of terrorism.
- The day makes us realize that to combat terrorism, the promotion and the protection of human rights and the rule of law worldwide are essential.
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization, established in 1945 with the aim of maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among the nations, achieving international cooperation, etc. The current Secretary‑General of the United Nations is Mr. Antonio Guterres.
UN Global Road Safety Week (UNGRSW) 2021
In 2021, the United Nations is celebrating its sixth United Nations Global Road Safety Week between ...
International Day of Living Together in Peace: May 16
Every year, the International Day of Living Together in Peace is celebrated by United Nations and se...
International Day of Light: May 16
Every year, the International Day of Light is celebrated on May 16 by UNESCO and several other inter...
International Day of Families: May 15
Every year, the International Family Day is celebrated on May 15. It is also called the World Family...
What is happening in Gaza?
The tensions in the Gaza strip have been escalating since the Israeli police put a barricade at the ...
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|