Asia Pacific region overtakes Europe as world's second richest region: BSG Report
Asia Pacific region has overtaken Europe as the world’s second richest region for the first time in terms of global wealth management.
It was revealed in recently released report by Boston Consulting Group (BCG), a global management consulting firm.
Key highlights of report
- Asia Pacific region (excluding Japan) has held around 47 trillion dollars in private wealth in 2014.
- The main reason for the growth in wealth in this region was due to increase in number of new millionaires in China and India.
- North America region has remained as the world’s richest region with 51 trillion dollars.
- Asia Pacific region is going to surpass North America region in 2016 as world’s richest region with forecasted wealth to reach $57 trillion in 2016 compared to $56 trillion of North America.
- It is also projected that Asia Pacific region will hold 34 per cent of global wealth in 2019.
- Forecasted average growth rate of private wealth is expected to be around 6 percent per year. It is going to reach $222 trillion in 2019.
- In 2014 the private financial wealth globally has grown by nearly 12 percent to $164 trillion.
- Nearly three-quarters i.e. 73 percent or $13 trillion of private wealth growth was achieved through the growth of existing assets. While remainder 27 percent of wealth growth or $5 trillion was generated by newly created wealth.
China launches classified Yaogan satellites into orbit
China recently launched Changsei 2C rocket from the Xichang satellite launch centre. It is a Yaogan ...
What is Commodity Super Cycle?
The prices of commodities from corn to crude oil to rubber, rhodium, copper, soy bean has been incre...
SAIL enters 100 most-valued Indian firms list
The stock of SAIL increased to a nine year high of Rs 135.60 on the BSE. In the last six weeks, the ...
Special 301 Report: US puts India on Priority Watch list
The United States Trade Representative recently released the Special Report 301. According to the re...
ADB raises India GDP forecast by 11%
The Asian Development Bank recently released its Asian Development Outlook, 2021. According to the r...
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|