ASCEND 2019 is an ambitious initiative of the Kerala government to position the state as an investment hotspot. Union Minister of Commerce & Industries and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu was the chief guest at the opening ceremony of the day-long conclave, ASCEND 2019.
ASCEND 2019 aims to make Kerala a top investment destination and empower entrepreneurs to launch their enterprises in a speedy and hassle-free manner. The important aspects of the ASCEND 2019 are:
- ‘Invest Kerala Guide’ – a compendium of administrative and policy reforms was released by the Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Invest Kerala Guide provides a ready reckoner on the immense business opportunities in the state and simplified procedures and protocol in making the investment.
- The two-day conclave aims to bring into focus governance that is simplified, efficient and transparent and facilitates business and investments by clipping a plethora of irksome bureaucratic procedures.
- Invest Kerala Portal would be launched to improve the investment ecosystem of the state and help entrepreneurs from India and abroad to set up a wide array of enterprises and conduct business in a congenial environment.
- The two-day initiative will also display the landmark administrative and policy reforms that have considerably improved Ease of Doing Business in Kerala and raised its profile among both industry leaders and young entrepreneurs for setting up their shops.
- K-SWIFT (Kerala Single Window Interface for Fast, Transparent Clearances) and IBPMS (Intelligent Building Plan Management System) will be displayed on the two-day conclave.
- KSWIFT is an online clearance mechanism designed by the Kerala government to simplify and speed up the issuance of clearances from Departments / Agencies for launching enterprises in the state.
The two-day conclave would be attended by the leading lights from industry and businesses.