Andhra Pradesh Government unveils 'New Tourism Policy-2015- 20'
Andhra Pradesh Government has unveiled ‘New Tourism Policy-2015-20‘ to boost tourism sector in the state.
It was unveiled by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu at a function held in Vijayawada. The policy has been framed with support from various government departments, industry experts, inputs from Indian School of Business and consultancy firm KPMG.
- The new tourism policy aims to develop Andhra Pradesh as one of the most preferred tourist destinations in India.
- It seeks the development of tourism sector in the state through sustained investments, robust infrastructure projects and services in order to provide world-class tourism experience.
- The policy envisages attracting 10,000 crore rupees investments in this sector, raising its contribution to 7 per cent of the state GDP and generating five lakh additional jobs over the next five years in the tourism sector by 2020.
- Under it, state government will set up a single desk for all tourism sector related clearances, which would be provided within 21 days.
- The Government will set up two bodies viz. Green & Landscape Corporation and Swachh Andhra Corporation in order to improve forest cover and promote cleanliness
- Incentives like VAT reduction from 14 to 5 per cent, waiver of entertainment tax for three years, reimbursement of land registration charges and lower rate of electricity tariff, among others will be provide to tourism sector.
It should be noted that, Andhra Pradesh has long sea coast, hills, rivers, water reservoirs and several temples which gives it favourable ambient potential to promote tourism which in turn can act as an engine for economic growth of state.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|