Anaemia Mukt Bharat Index released
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare along with UNICEF launched the anaemia Mukt Bharat index. The anaemia Mukt Bharat is an initiative to reduce the prevalence of anaemia in India.
Haryana topped the anaemia free India index or the anaemia Mukt Bharat Index with a score of 46.7. The index was released during the eighth governing body meeting of National Health Mission in Chandigarh.
Achievements of Haryana
The state of Haryana has achieved 93% of immunization in the year 2019-20. It is one of the 11 states of India that has achieved the national health policy targets well before 2020. The institute deliveries of the state has increased to 93.7 percentage.
National Health Mission
The main targets of National Health Mission or as follows
- to reduce maternal mortality rate to 1/1000 live births
- to reduce infant mortality rate to 25 per 1000 live births
- to reduce the total fertility rate to 2.1
- to prevent and reduce anaemia in women of age 15 and 49 years.
- To prevent and reduce morbidity and mortality from communicable and noncommunicable diseases.
- To reduce share of health care expenditure in household out of pocket expenditure.
- To reduce prevalence of Leprosy to one per 10000 population
- reduce incidence of Malaria to less than 1000 people
- to eliminate Kala Azar Mai 2015
- to reduce the prevalence of microfilaria to less than 1% in all districts
- to reduce mortality from tuberculosis by half.
Anemia Mukt Bharat
The scheme aims to reduce the prevalence of anaemia in India. It provides bi weekly iron Folic acid supplementation to all under five children through Asha workers. Also, it provides biannual Deworming for children and adolescents. The scheme also establishes institutional mechanisms for advanced research in anaemia. It also focuses on non-nutritional causes of anaemia.
Anemia is caused due to iron deficiency. When a person is anemic, the capacity of his blood cells to carry oxygen decreases. This reduces the productivity of the person which in turn affects the economy of the country. Therefore, it is highly important to cover Anemia under National Health Mission.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|