Amazon its opens largest centre in India
The global e-commerce giant, Amazon, has opened its largest center in the world in Hyderabad. This campus will house over 15,000 members out of the 62,000 members of the Amazon India group.
Why is this significant?
- The latest development by Amazon is significant as it is one of the largest and fastest-growing companies in the world.?
- This new campus by Amazon is the only one owned by Amazon which outside the US houses more than 15,000 employees.
- India is a crucial future market for Amazon as the Indian retail markets are still dominated by traditional neighborhood mom and pop stores.
The e-commerce market in India
- While e-commerce was quick to pick up in India, the demand has majorly been driven by the biggers cities and urban areas while a major portion of India continues to rely on neighborhood stores for their day to day needs.
- This can be partly attributed to the lack of sustainable source of internet in the rural areas, lack of connections and safety & security of the parcel.
- However, with the coming of the JiO and the massive spike in rural connectivity, the e-commerce companies are pushing into India’s rural hinterland.
- Prominent companies working in Indian e-commerce space are Amazon, Flipkart, and Snapdeal along with a host of smaller firms.
Apart from Amazon, the world’s leading retailer Walmart had bought a stake in Flipkart which has further disturbed the waters of e-commerce space in India, pitting the two global giants in India against one another in India.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|