Afghanistan-Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Solidarity
The first Review session of the Afghanistan-Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Solidarity (APAPPS) was held in Islamabad.
The APAPPS was established in 2018 to provide a comprehensive and structured framework for institutional engagement in diverse areas of bilateral cooperation between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Principles of APAPPAS
- Pakistan to support the Afghan-led and Afghan-owned peace and reconciliation.
- Both Pakistan and Afghanistan to undertake effective action against fugitives and irreconcilable elements posing security threats to either of the two countries,
- Pakistan and Afghanistan committed to denying the use of their respective territories by any country, network, group or individuals for anti-state activities against either country,
- A joint supervision, coordination and confirmation mechanism through Liaison Officers (LOs) for the realization of the agreed actions.
- Avoiding territorial and aerial violations of each other s territory,
- Avoiding public blame games and instead use APAPPS cooperation mechanisms to respond to mutual issues of contention and concerns, and
- Establish Working Groups and necessary cooperation mechanisms as per APAPPS for full implementation of the APAPPS.
Both the countries agreed to utilize APAPPS to overcome common challenges and to take bilateral relations to the next level and it was emphasized to optimally utilise this mechanism.
Pakistan to remain on Grey List of FATF
The Global anti-terrorism watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) decided to maintain Pakistan i...
Global Firepower Index, 2021
The Global Firepower Index ranks the countries based on their potential military strength. India was...
Pakistan permits Dubai Royals to hunt “Houbara Bustard”
Pakistan recently issued special permits to Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum and fi...
Pakistan to create National Sex Offenders Register
President Arif Alvi of Pakistan recently passed the Anti-Rape Ordinance 2020. The ordinance was pass...
Pakistan’s anti-rape law
Pakistan government has recently passed a presidential decree to expedite cases of sexual abuse agai...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|