US actor George Kennedy passes away
US actor George Kennedy passed away in the city of Boise, Idaho. He was 91.
He had won an Oscar (Academy Award) in 1968 for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of a savage chain-gang convict classic Cool Hand Luke.
About George Kennedy
- Born on February 18, 1925 in New York City.
- He had made his stage debut at age 2 in a touring company of Bringing Up Father. Later at the age of 7 he was a New York City radio DJ.
- His first notable screen role was as a military advisor on the TV sitcom The Phil Silvers Show.
- Since then he had appeared in more than two hundred film and television productions.
- His memorable appearances are in Naked Gun series, Earthquake and Airport 1975, The Dirty Dozen and The Eiger Sanction.
- Writing career: He has written three books Murder On Location (1983), Murder on High (1984). He also has written his autobiography, Trust Me (2011).
- Awards and Honours: Kennedy has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California for his contributions to motion pictures.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|