Abhinav Bindra to Head NRAI Review Committee on Rio Debacle
The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) has constituted five-member review committee to probe the Indian shooters’ Rio Games debacle.
The committee will be headed by India’s first and only individual Olympic gold-medallist Abhinav Bindra. It will submit the report within a maximum period of four weeks.
Other members of the committee include former tennis player Manisha Malhotra, NRAI Secretary Rajiv Bhatia and two journalists.
- The committee will examine and identify causes behind shooting not securing any medals at the Rio Olympics.
- It will recommend concrete steps that NRAI must immediately undertake to ensure that this is not repeated in future Olympics.
About National Rifle Association of India (NRAI)
- The NRAI was founded in 1951to promote and popularize the shooting sports in India.
- It has is affiliated to Indian Olympic Association (IOC) and all International Shooting Federations/Confederations.
- Presently, NRAI conducts five national level competitions annually with a view to promote and popularize the sports of shooting in India.
- The first speaker of Lok Sabha, GV Mavlankar was the founder and the first president of NRAI.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|