Aarambh: First ever foundation civil service course
The GoI has launched the first ever common foundation course called the “Aarambh” for civil servants at the Statue of Unity, Kevadia, Gujarat. Around 500 newly recruited bureaucrats will undergo six-day training. The World Bank president David Malpass addressed the probationers near the statue on 27th October, 2019.
The event is to be launched on October 31, 2019. PM Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah and other top functionaries will attend the event.
- The GoI also launched the “Nurture the Future” at the event.
- Under this program the civil servants will be divided into teams to visit villages in Kevadia
- Each probationer will take a youth under his wing, provide career and professional guidance
- The initiative will ensure better and brighter future for the youth
- The initiative will cover one lakh youth in next five years
Statue of Unity
- The Statue of Unity is a colossal statue of Sardar Vallabhai Patel
- It is the world’s tallest statue with a height of 182 meters
- It is located in the Narmada river.
- Sir Patel is highly respected for his leadership in uniting 552 princely states of India