8th Indo German Energy Forum
The eighth Indo-German Energy Forum was conducted in Delhi to enhance cooperation in the energy sector. Both the countries signed eight agreements in the following sectors
- Thermal Power Plants
- Demand-side energy
- renewable energies
- low carbon growth strategies
- green energy corridors
- The forum finalized future collaboration between the countries that include Flexibilisation of existing coal fired power plants and promotion of energy efficiency
- Indo-German Solar Partnership that was founded in 2015 was recognized in the forum. The forum also signed agreement to promote the niche markets for solar energy
- The Forum also signed agreements on building materials and credit lines for financing corresponding measures
Indo-German Energy Forum
- The Forum was established in 2006 to enhance and deepen the strategic political dialogue on the ongoing energy transition in both the countries.
- The high level meeting of the forum is chaired by respective ministries of environment, renewable energy of both the countries
- At the forum, the countries exchange experiences for both the governments to address challenges in the ongoing global energy transition.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs