“NCIPC” to implement a 5-Year Project for Cyber Security of Critical Sectors // Critical infrastructure protection (CIP) //
The central government has decided to establish five-year project for strengthening the overall cyber security structure of critical sectors of India. This move has come following increase in the number of incidents of cyber attacks as well as security threats. In 2011, India faced around 13000 cyber incidents.
Who will implement the Project?
- It will be realized by National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIPC)
- NCIIPC functions under the guidance of National Technical Research Organization (NTRO).
- NCIPC is the nodal agency which coordinates the cyber security operations related to critical infrastructures in India.
- NCIPC will set up sectoral Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) and will also install sensors on critical systems for getting real-time information regarding cyber attack of any kind for preparing a quick response.
- NCIPC of India has been proposed. NCIPC will ensure critical infrastructure protection and critical ICT infrastructure protection in India.
- Sectors whose cyber security falls under NCIPC are:
- Energy (natural gas, coal, oil and power)
- Finance and banking
- Transportation (civil aviation and railways)
- Law enforcement
What is “Critical infrastructure protection (CIP)” ?
- Critical infrastructure protection (CIP) is a concept that relates to the preparedness and response to serious incidents that involve the critical infrastructure of a region or nation.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|