4th Conference of the Protectors of Emigrants held
The fourth Conference of the Protectors of Emigrants was held on September 10, 2021.
- This day coincides with the date of enactment of Emigration Act, 1983.
- On the occasion, MOS for External Affairs, Shri V. Muraleedharan address and observe that India has worked together to deal with the challenges of covid-19 pandemic.
- He noted that, this is the right time to prepare for the opportunities in the world which is cautiously returning to normalcy.
- According to him, Protectors of Emigrants (POEs) should facilitate emigration of blue collared workers and provide them best possible protection and welfare.
Significance of POEs
POEs plays an important role in informing youth and workers regarding the new destinations and opportunities. It raises awareness on the basis of:
- MOU signed between India & UK on mobility and partnership;
- MOC between India & Japan on specified skilled workers in 14 sectors; and
- Approval on skilled manpower mobility between India & Portugal.
How POEs can be protected?
POEs can be protected by updating and refine various welfare schemes like Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana (PBBY), Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF), Pre-Departure Orientation Training (PDoT) and eMigrate platform.
It is an online platform that integrates POE offices, Indian Missions, Passport offices, Bureau of Immigration & others and regulates overseas employment. This platform is being strengthened by several measures in order to increase its popularity and make it simple & incentivised. This platform has now been opened up to all countries to recognise new migration corridors to East Asia, Europe and other countries.
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|