140 million free health IDs generated
On December 10, 2021, Minister of state for Health Bharati Pravin Pawar informed in Lok Sabha that, government has made a provision to generate a health ID for every citizen free of cost.
- As of now, more than 140 million health IDs have been created.
- Creation of Health IDs is voluntary.
- The National Health Authority is creating awareness among citizens regarding the usage and advantages of Health IDs for ensuring their maximum participation.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
This mission was launched by the Prime Minister, on the occasion of third anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-Jay). It was first announced by PM on August 15, 2020. Ayushman Bharat scheme was launched on the recommendation of National Health Policy 2017 with the objective of achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Digital Health IDs
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission also aims to provide digital health IDs for all Indian citizens in order to provide health records electronically to the hospitals, insurance firms, and citizens, when required.
- The health ID works as the health account of citizens. It comprises of all the details of every disease, every test, the doctors visited, the diagnosis and the medicines taken.
- IDs are provided free of cost, on voluntary basis. It will help in conducting analysis of health data and provide for a better planning, budgeting and implementation of the health programs.
Healthcare Facilities & Professionals’ Registry
Under the scheme, Healthcare Professionals’ Registry (HPR) and Healthcare Facilities Registry (HFR) are also set up. It allows easy electronic access to health infrastructure and medical professionals. HPR is a comprehensive repository of all healthcare professionals, who are involved in delivering healthcare services.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|