14 MoUs signed at 5th India-Russia Industrial Conference
India and Russia signed 14 Memorandum of Understandings at the India-Russia Industrial Conference held at DefExpo 2020, Lucknow. The Agreements were signed under Make in India initiative.
The countries signed agreements related to ASW rocket launchers, T-72, radar systems, 3D modeling, T-90.
The Defence ties of India and Russia has been strong. The countries have also established defence ties through multilateral orgnizations.
India-Russia at multilateral organizations
- The National Security Advisor attended the BRICS Foreign Ministers meet in June 2019. He met President Putin, the Russian President on the sidelines of the meet to strengthen defence ties between the countries
- At the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization), India participated at the fifth edition of the biennial joint military counter terrorist command for the first time in August 2018.
- Russia has been one of the long-standing supporters of India’s membership at the Nuclear Suppliers Group.
- Russia welcomes One Belt One Road initiative of China.
- Russia also welcomes the International North-South Transport Corridor that was held in March 2019. It is a 7,2000 km long international multi-node rail, road and ship route between Europe and Central Asia. It includes India, Russia, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Europe.
Category: Defence Current Affairs