Clarification on GKToday on Copyright Issue with SCS
This is an official clarification from GKToday on the copyright strike by GKToday on SCS channel video.
- First of all, we would like to make it very clear that all the content in few videos was taken from this website GKToday. However, we just reported one video and not the entire channel.
- One copyright strike does not mean that YouTube closed their channel and neither his channel is / was under threat due to one video removal. In fact, any such strike automatically expires after a period of time and does not harm the channel (if no more further strikes from some other parties are claimed within a particular period).
- Mr. Gyan could simply call us or send a mail to request retract the removal only by acknowledgement that what was done was in good faith. This removal request was sent to Google on March 2, 2020 and before any action was taken, YouTube had asked us to furnish all the details without which no request is entertained.
- YouTube removed their video only after due scrutiny of our claim; if our claim was false, YouTube would simply reject our claim. Also, if Mr. Gyan thinks that our claim is false or malafide, he can simply counter strike. He and his team understands each of these facts very well.
- However, all the vilification done by him is just what he could do as easiest thing to defame someone. It is a clear case of defamation with malafide intention.
- We had asked his team to just give due credit to the content; however, rather than behaving mature; team of Mr. Gyan refused to acknowledge and threatened us to get our website; YouTube channel and Apps spammed. In fact, Mr. Gyan took no time to play the victim card on YouTube, Telegram etc. and instigated his followers to engage in a massive bad review / spam attack, which is clearly a case of cyber bullying.
- To further increase public pressure, our mobile number and personal email address was floated to create a kind of hate wave against gktoday. The issue could be very easily resolved by just one email from Mr. Gyan.
- GKToday is a very small organization and is neither capable nor interested in getting any channel closed. Mr. Gyan would need to understand the basic courtesy to give due credit where it was needed. Three members of our team work every day for 10 hours and then they are able to create 20 good questions. What we just expected was due credit on blatantly copied content and if they could do so; and we could easily retract the claim on one video without any fuss.
- We were ready to retract our strike but Mr. Gyan quickly took the shortest possible route to create emotional video and falsely claiming that this strike has closed or will close their channel.
- There are several channels on YouTube which provide almost same information every day but almost all of them make additional efforts to not to do blatant copy paste. No one can raise a question on them.
- In fact, there are numerous channels in Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and other regional languages which use GKToday’s content on almost daily basis to spread the knowledge in regional languages every day. Many of them give proper respect to the work done by GKToday even without being asked for it.
- The issue could be amicably resolved within no time; however, we have been attacked with intentional wave of bad reviews/ personal vilification; cyber-bullying, malafide defamation and personal attacks; abuses; online threats; threats to lodge false cases; email spam etc.
- We request all students to clearly understand that this matter has been just blown out of proportion to quickly achieve twin objectives of creating an instant mass attack of threats on GKToday as well as score sympathy. Misguiding the followers and instigating them for a mass attack is what was chosen as a path for the obvious reasons.
Update on the Issue
This is a further official statement by GKToday on the recent controversy between GKToday and SCS Channel.
The entire controversy between the two was for total five videos. We reported only one of them, keeping in view each and every consequence that may happen. The one video we reported has the below url:
We have already mentioned, that the issue could be amicably resolved by Mr. Gyan by just sending a mail in a respectable manner. Instigating the followers for mass attack and spreading abuses was actually unnecessary and ineffective and included a defamation angle also in the controversy.
Since the other side has shrewdly played victim card and releasing frequent audio and video statements to instigate his followers (which is actually nothing but an ineffective mob) rate down our app and channel; it becomes very important for us to put the facts in public on any further progress or action.
Blockage in Communication
Publishing the personal email address and mobile number of our founder created an instant mass influx of emails and calls at his phone due to which communication got blocked. However, Mr. Soni did not block Mr. Gyan to communicate and thus, a communication between Mr. Soni and Mr. Gyan happened.
Actions Taken by SCS Channel
Following the communication, below two actions were taken by SCS Channel.
- Formal Email from SCS Channel to GKToday
A formal email requesting retraction was sent by SCS Channel to GKToday.
- Removal of Controversial Videos
As mentioned above, there were total five videos around which the entire controversy was there. The SCS channel has removed the following four videos from their channel.
This entire controversy was a matter of few hours and a sane communication between two responsible persons. Anyways, based on the above two actions, GKToday has decided to retract the copyright on the video in question by sending a formal mail to YouTube in next 48 hours after due consultation because this issue had involved defamation, threats and abuses etc. also. Meanwhile, we would suggest the other side to not to release new audio-video statements because any further new audio/video statement needs to be analyzed and will further delay resolution. However, they may release statement of amicable solution if they want to do so prior or after we have initiated retraction.
How retraction happens?
The retraction is initiated once a formal email is sent to YouTube. YouTube generally takes around 10-15 days to take action.
A message to GKToday followers
We thank you very much for staying calm and sane in GKToday’s community on YouTube and website. This controversy has unnecessarily tried to defame and abuse our founder Mr. Soni. If you or your seniors have been an officer / aspirant of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 batches and also his student, you must be knowing that he had developed carpal-tunnel pressure due to constant typing for many years and announced his students the desire to stop writing in 2018 after which he is not very active on website or channel or app. Most routine things are taken care of by team under his direction.
He does not look into day-today operations of the website and channel and could be easily reached by his phone, which this mob has temporarily blocked.
A message to abusing SCS Subscribers
आप सब ने मिल कर पिछले तीन चार दिन में बहुत घमासान मचाया लेकिन यह काम उसी तरीके से हुआ जिस तरीके से इसको होना चाहिए था। और इसका साफ साफ मतलब यह है की अगर भीड़ को भड़काने से app की रेटिंग कम होती तो इस दुनिया में सिर्फ वो ही जीते जिनके पास आप जैसे लोगो की भीड़ है। लेकिन आप यह समझ लें की आप भीड़ हो और भीड़ से ज्यादा कुछ नहीं हो। एक तरफ आप को उकसा कर के हमको गालियां दिलवाई गयी जबकि दूसरी तरफ ये मुद्दा वैसे ही सुलझाया जा रहा था जैसे उसको सुलझाना चाहिए था। GKToday 10 साल से चल रहा है और आगे भी ऐसे ही चलता रहेगा लेकिन भीड़ की गाली एवं धमकियों से GKToday को न फरक पड़ा है और ना पड़ेगा।
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|