1. The Indus Valley Civilization has not been deciphered yet. Consider the following reasons: 1. No knowledge about their language 2. Small length of inscriptions 3. Absence of bilingual texts Which among the above is/ are correct reasons? [A]Only 1 [B]1 & 2 [C]1 & 3 [D]1, 2 & 3 Explanation 2. A system known ..
GK Questions: 2009-2019
1. Recently Iran has threatened to close which among the following important sea channels? [A]Duncan Passage [B]Persian Gulf [C]Gulf of Oman [D]Strait of Hormuz 2. “Right to service” is an important part of which among the following bills / act? [A]Lokpal & Lokayukta Bill [B]Citizen’s Charter and Grievance Redressal Bill [C]Right to Information Act [D]None ..
1. “Romancing with Life” is the autobiography of which among the following bollywood legends? [A]Shahsi Kapoor [B]Shammi Kapoor [C]Devanand [D]Rajesh Khanna 2. In the Windows XP, what does XP stands for? [A]Extra-Powerful [B]Experience [C]Extended Platform [D]Experience Platform 3. Pablo Picasso, the famous painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, and stage designer, one of the greatest and most ..
1. The “Registan Desert” is a part of which among the following countries? [A]Pakistan [B]Afghanistan [C]Tajikistan [D]Turkmenistan 2. What is the difference between Union Legislature and Parliament of India ? [A]Union Legislature consists of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Parliament consists of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and President [B]Union Legislature consists of Lok Sabha only, ..
1. Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary, India’s only dolphin sanctuary, is located in which among the following states of India? [A]West Bengal [B]Bihar [C]Assam [D]Uttar Pradesh 2. Late Hargobind Khorana, who died in the US on November 9, 2011 had received Nobel Prize in physiology in 1968, for work on which among the following? [A]Mechanisms of ..
1. Which among the following dates in December has been fixed as celebration of National Mathematics Day, to be observed as birthday of great mathematician Ramanujan? [A]December 16 [B]December 22 [C]December 18 [D]December 15 Explanation 2. Which among the following countries has recently abolished the Official retirement age? [A]Japan [B]Britain [C]France [D]Russia 3. The Comptroller ..
1. Which among the following cities was declared as “Tiger Gateway of India” during the first half of 2011? [A]Bhopal [B]Nagpur [C]Mysore [D]Lucknow Explanation 2. Which among the following protocols is also related to the Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) mechanism? [A]Kyoto protocol [B]Nagoya Protocol [C]Geneva Protocol [D]Cartagena Protocol 3. Consider the following matches: 1. ..
1. The Arabic word “Sukuk” is best placed in which among the following? [A]A tenet of Islam [B]A Festival of Islam [C]A term related to Islamic Banking [D]A term related to Saudi Politics Explanation 2. Consider the following statement: 1. The Tiny units in industries was defined for the first time in Industrial Policy Statement ..
1. Recently, Mark Boucher from which among the following countries became the first cricketer to take 500 Test catches? [A]England [B]West Indies [C]South Africa [D]Australia 2. Consider the following statements about Agni-II Prime, which was recently tested successfully: 1. Its a medium range ballistic missile 2. Its a surface to surface missile Which among the ..
1. Consider the following products: 1. Nakshi Kantha 2. E. I. Leather 3. Sujini Embroidery Work 4. Ilkal Sarees 5. Aranmula Kannadi Which among the following is the correct set of the states producing the above products respectively? [A]West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala [B]Bihar, Tamil nadu, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala [C]West Bengal, ..