1. In what is considered a major step forward in biotechnology research, a group of 300 scientists from across the world, including India, have sequenced the genome of : [A]Potato [B]Tomato [C]Brinjal [D]Bell Pepper Tomato The achievement is expected to lower the costs and speed up efforts to improve tomato production, making it better equipped ..
1. Consider the following statements: 1.Bulk of employment in India is in rural areas. 2.The disguised unemployment in agricultural sector is perennial. 3.Industrialization has rendered several people jobless in India. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct ? [A]1 and 2 [B]1 and 3 [C]2 and 3 [D]1, 2 and 3 1 and 2 ..
1. In 2012, Coast Guards of India, Sri Lanka and Maldives took part in a joint exercise off the coast of Male, which aimed at achieving inter-operablity to fight the menace of international piracy extending its tentacles to Indian Ocean. The name of this joint exercise was : [A]Shakti 2012 [B]Ekuverin [C]Dosti- XI [D]Yudh Abhyas ..
1. Consider the following policies followed by the Governor Generals for the expansion of their dominions and consolidation of their rule during the 3 stages of the process of the growth of British Paramountcy in India: 1.Subordinate Isolation 2.Policy of Ring Fence 3.Policy of Subordinate Union Which of the following is the correct sequence of ..
1. After Stuxnet, an extensive data-mining computer virus that has been designed to steal information from computers across the Middle East especially from the Nuclear Faclilities in Iran is : [A]FLAME [B]Detnat [C]Zafi [D]MyDoom FLAME Show Answer 2. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will aid in building a National Register for Multiple ..
1. Consider the following statements regarding the western coastal plains of India: 1.The Western coastal plains are known as Konkan from Daman to Goa. 2.The Plains are narrower in the North and wider in the South. Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct? [A]Only 1 [B]Only 2 [C]Both 1 and 2 [D]Neither 1 nor 2 ..
1. The Science of using mechanical devices with human muscle skeleton and nervous systems to assist or enhance motor control lost by trauma, disease or defect is called: [A]Gerontechnology [B]Biomechatronics [C]Orthotics [D]Bionics Option [B] Biomechatronics is an applied interdisciplinary science that aims to integrate mechanical elements, electronics and parts of biological organisms. Biomechatronics includes the ..
1. The harappans used intaglio seals, made mostly of carved and fired steatite : [A]As an export commodity. [B]As a medium of exchange in place of coins. [C]As amulets and charms to ward off evil spirits. [D]For marking their goods and property. Option [D] The seals of the ancient Harappan’s were probably used in much ..
1. Legislature of the Union which is called ‘Parliament’ consists of : [A]Rajya Sabha [B]Lok Sabha [C]Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha [D]President, Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha President, Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha Show Answer 2. Which of the following is incorrect about the Rajya Sabha ? [A]The Rajya Sabha consists of 12 members nominated ..
1. The use of microorganism metabolism to remove pollutants such as oil spills in the water bodies is known as : [A]Biomagnification [B]Bioremediation [C]Biomethanation [D]Bioreduction Bioremediation Show Answer 2. The largest number of Tiger Reserves are located in : [A]Karnataka [B]Andhra Pradesh [C]Madhya Pradesh [D]West Bengal Madhya Pradesh Show Answer 3. The Siberian Crane, an ..