1. Bring out the only statement, which is not fully correct: [A]An increase in the supply of money will always result in inflation [B]Inflation occurs when the value of money declines [C]Cost inflation occurs when prices rise to cover increased factor costs [D]Inflation will have the effect of redistributing incomes within a country Explanation 2.
GK Questions: 2009-2018
1. For which among the following criminal activities related to Business, tycoon Raj Rajaratnam was sent to jail recently? [A]Terrorist Funding [B]Insider Trading [C]Tax Evasion [D]Hawala Transaction 2. Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which provides AADHAAR is a part of which among the following? [A]National Development Council [B]Planning Commission [C]Ministry of Home Affairs [D]Ministry
1. Consider the following: 1. A common parliament 2. Central bank 3. Court of justice Which among the above is/ are features of the African Union? [A]Only 1 [B]1 & 2 [C]1, 2 & 3 [D]None of them Explanation 2. Consider the following: 1. Access 2. Infrastructure 3. Teachers 4. Outcome Which among the above
1. Recently, India has signed an Oil Exploration Deal with Vietnam for oil exploration in which among the following seas? [A]Indian Ocean [B]Pacific Ocean [C]South China Sea [D]Bohai Sea 2. Recently, the Standard and Poor’s lowered rating of United States from the AAA, the highest possible level, by one notch to AA+. This implies that
1. Which among the following Public Sector Giants of India have recently launched the “Harit-Moksha”, a unique CSR initiative for bringing in energy efficiency in the cremation sector? [A]NTPC [B]ONGC [C]BHEL [D]OIL 2. Lt. Gen Palvinder Singh Bhalla was recently appointed the head of which among the following organizations? [A]ITBP [B]BSF [C]NCC [D]NSG 3. If
1. The students of which among the following institutions have built the “Jugnu” satellite which is a remote-sensing satellite that will monitor vegetation and water-bodies? [A]IIT Kanpur [B]IIT Kharagpur [C]SRM University [D]Andhra University 2. Consider the following statements about the Megha-Tropiques satellite which has been recently placed in orbit via the PSLV-C18 flight: 1. It
1. Microcredit or microfinance is a novel approach to banking with the poor through Self Help Groups or SHGs. However, the Microfinance Institutions or MFI’s have now replaced the SHGs with JLGs. What does the JLG most commonly stands for? [A]Joint Lending Groups [B]Joint Liability Groups [C]Joint Local Groups [D]Joint Lenders Groups 2. Which among
1. Russell Tribunal is related to which among the following? [A]International Intellectual property issues [B]War Crimes [C]Crimes against women [D]Organized International Crime Explanation 2. Consider the following: 1. Financial market reforms 2. State fiscal reforms 3. Health, environment and energy disaster management 4. Modernization of Indian armed Forces Which among the above include the main
1. In which year on October 1, a permanent nursing service for the Indian troops was constituted, designated as India Military Nursing Service, celebrated today as Nursing Day in India? [A]1920 [B]1926 [C]1923 [D]1928 2. Currently, the Shah Commission is probing into the mining illegalities in which among the following states? [A]Karnataka [B]Goa [C]Gujarat [D]Maharastra
1. The controversial biography “Controversially Yours” is of which among the following cricketrs? [A]Imran Khan [B]Shoaib Akhtar [C]Shahid Afridi [D]Shoaib Malik 2. Which among the following does not come under Corporate Governance ? [A]Management of rights of shareholders [B]Trusteeship [C]Ethical Business Conduct [D] Profits Maximization 3. Which among the following minerals is also known as
1. Consider the following: 1. Public Sector Undertakings 2. Private Sector Companies 3. Ministries and Departments Which among the above are eligible for Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Awards for outstanding achievements in the implementation of Hindi? [A]1 & 3 [B]1 & 2 [C]2 & 3 [D]1, 2 & 3 2. Which among the following states has
1. Who among the following is the current head of National Innovation Council? [A]Manmohan Singh [B]Sam Pitroda [C]Amartya Sen [D]Kaushik Basu 2. Who among the following is NOT a member of the three-member team of Interlocutors appointed by Central Government for Jammu and Kashmir problems ? [A]Dileep Padgaonkar [B]Prof Radha Kumar [C]M M Ansari [D]K
1. The controversial Sindol hydro-power project is located in which among the following states of India? [A]Maharastra [B]Himachal Pradesh [C]Arunachal Pradesh [D]Odisha Explanation 2. In which among the following cities is coming up the MIHAN Project ? [A]Bangalore [B]Pune [C]Nagpur [D]Mumbai 3. Which among the following terms does not get a place in Constitution of
1. Consider the following statements: 1. Justice V Ramaswami was the first Judge of Supreme Court to be impeached by Lok Sabha 2. Justice Soumtra Sen is the First Judge of High Court to be impeached by Rajya Sabha Which among the above statements is/ are correct? [A]Only 1 is correct [B]Only 2 is correct
1. Consider the following statements in context with the motion of the Sunflowers in response to Sun’s movement (Heliotropism): 1. The Phenomenon is more pronounced in grown up flowers in comparison to young buds 2. The Sodium Ions play a very important role in Heliotropism 3. Heliotropism is mostly ascribed to the “Blue” segment of
1. The Government of India is planning to establish a new independent nuclear safety regulatory authority. Who among the following will head this new authority? [A]Prime Minister [B]President [C]Minister of Science & Technology [D]A professional with extensive experience in atomic energy 2. Recently, a consensus has been reached for which among the following names for
1. Which among the following Ministry is running the “Village Grain Bank Scheme”? [A]Ministry of Agriculture [B]Ministry of Food and Public Distribution [C]Ministry of Tribal Affairs [D]Ministry of Rural Development Explanation 2. Reserve Bank of India is in the process of introducing which among the following to protect banks against possible adverse effects from the
1. Recently, Jean- Claude Trichet said that governments should consider setting up a finance ministry for the 17-nation currency region (Eurozone) as the bloc struggles to contain a region-wide sovereign debt crisis. Jean- Claude Trichet is related to which among the following organizations? [A]World Bank [B]International Monetary Fund [C]European Central Bank [D]Bank of England 2.
1. Recently, the government has lifted export restrictions and allowed which among the following commodities to be shipped under open general licenses (OGL)? [A]Rice [B]Wheat [C]Cotton [D]Pulses 2. The P/E is one of the most talked about ratios in the stock market. What does P/E refer to____? [A]Profit to Expenditure [B]Price to Earning [C]Profit to
1. Which among the following committee is known for recommending a 3-tier Panchayati Raj System which includes Zila Parishad at the District Level, Panchayat Samiti at the Block/ Tehsil/ Taluka Level and Gram Panchayat at the Village Level? [A]Balwant Rai Mehta Committee [B]Ashok Mehta Committee [C]GVK Rao Committee [D]Sarkaria Commission 2. Consider the following statements:
1. India borrows from the World Bank through International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and International Development Association(IDA). Consider the following statements in this context: 1. IDA funds are one of the most concessional external loans, 2. IBRD funds are costlier and at par with the commercial external borrowings in terms of interest rates
1. In India, the dollar-rupee exchange rate depends upon: 1. Government Control 2. Demand-supply balance 3. RBI’s Monetary policy Choose the correct options: [A]Only 2 [B]1 & 2 [C]1 & 3 [D]1, 2 & 3 2. Aadhaar can be the basis to open bank accounts because it can provide: 1. Know Your Customer details 2.
1. On the 6th anniversary of Tsunami, a Genetic Garden and a Sea Water Farming project was launched in which among the following states? [A]Kerala [B]Tamil Nadu [C]Andhra Pradesh [D]Karnataka Explanation 2. National Housing Bank (NHB), the apex institution of housing finance in India, provides loan to __ 1. Housing Finance Companies 2. Commercial banks
1. The vaccine of which of the following diseases was not included in the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) initiated by the Government of India in 1978? [A]Polio [B]Diphtheria [C]Measles [D]Tuberculosis Explanation 2. The members of the Constituent Assembly were elected by the Legislatures of various provinces and nominated by the rulers of the princely
1. The Japanese art “Ikebana” is related to which among the following? [A]Flower Decoration [B]Wall Painting [C]Chorus Dance [D]Sculptures 2. Who among the follwoing is known to have mooted the idea of Food Coupons? [A]C Rangrajan [B]V Subbarao [C]Nandan Nilkeni [D]Kaushik Basu 3. Singhe-Khababs Festival is celebrated in which among the following states of India?
1. Consider the following: 1. High food, commodity and energy prices 2. Sovereign debt problems 3. High level of government debt The Economy of India is facing which among the above problems now a days? [A]Only 1 [B]1 & 2 [C]2 & 3 [D]1, 2 & 3 2. As per reports published in several business
1. Which among the following is an incorrect statement: [A]The regulations relating to the issue of Indian Depository Receipts contained in Securities and Exchange Board of India. [B]The Standard Chartered PLC became the first global company to file for an issue of Indian depository receipts in India [C]The Indian Depository Receipts derive their value from
1. In India, the RBI has mandated the banks to hold 24 per cent of their net demand and time liabilities (NDTL) in a liquid portfolio under the statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) regime. What are the benefits of this system? 1. Provides strength to Financial System 2. Increases flow of credit to productive sectors 3.
1. Consider the following: 1. Clover 2. Sugarcane 3. Alfalfa Which among the above are plantation crops? [A]1 & 2 [B]2 & 3 [C]Only 2 [D]1, 2 & 3 Explanation 2. What was India’s external debt to GDP ratio at end-December 2010? [A]13.2 [B]14.5 [C]16.9 [D]17.5 Explanation 3. Which among the following always decreases in
1. Recently, India became the first pioneer investor to have been allotted a site of 1,50,000 sq km in the Central Indian Ocean Basin (CIOB) by International Sea Bed Authority (ISBA) of United Nations for harnessing the Polymetallic Modules (PMN) lying on the seabed. The Polymetallic Modules (PMN) predominantly contain which among the following metals?