1. The Housing Startup Index (HSUI), which is soon to be launched in India in 2012, is on the pattern of which among the following existing indices? [A]Index of Industrial Production [B]Consumer Price Index [C]Wholesale Price Index [D]SENSEX Index of Industrial Production Show Answer 2. Which among the following is the core method of stabilizing
GK Questions: 2009-2018
1. Which among the following phenomena has been largely responsible for the recent drought in Somalia and northern Kenya? [A]El Nino Southern Oscillation [B]La Nina [C]Indian Ocean Dipole [D]A collective impact of all the above three La Nina 2010, a strong La Niña cooled surface waters in the central and eastern Pacific Ocean, while allowing
1. What is the revised validity of the cheques and bank drafts from April 1, 2012? [A]2 Months [B]3 Months [C]4 Months [D]6 Months 3 Months Show Answer 2. India has recently signed the bilateral agreement on Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters with which among the following countries? [A]Saudi Arabia [B]UAE [C]Bahrain [D]Yemen UAE In
1. Which among the following was the First Revolutionary organization of Bengal ? [A]Hindustan Socialist Party [B]Anushilan Samiti [C]India House [D]Jugantar Party Anushilan Samiti Show Answer 2. To do something for the Indigo Planters, who among the following persuaded Mahatma Gandhi to come to Champaran? [A]Dr. Rajendra Prasad [B]Rajkumar Shukla [C]Brij Kishore [D]Mahadev Desai Rajkumar
1. Which among the following is the only major democracy which uses the same type of Alternative Voting, which was proposed for UK in recent times? [A]United States of America [B]Brazil [C]Australia [D]Germany Australia Australia is the only major democracy to use the same type of AV system as the one being proposed for the
1. Government of India has decided to go for a comprehensive overhaul of the coastal security architecture after the 26/11 attacks and a blue print was drawn in recent times. Which among the following is/ are elements of this plan? 1. A coastal radar surveillance network 2. A chain of automatic identification system (AIS) 3.
1. Vladimir Putin has recently become Russia’s president for which among the following terms? [A]First [B]Second [C]Third [D]Fourth Third Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has won the Presidential polls. He secured a record third term in the Kremlin after recording a landslide victory over his four rivals. Exit polls and preliminary results gave him about
1. The ultras under the Karbi Peoples’ Liberation Tiger, KPLT are predominantly active in which among the following states? [A]Nagaland [B]Assam [C]Mizoram [D]Manipur Assam Show Answer 2. Which among the following missiles of India has capability of attacking surface targets by flying as low as 10 metres in altitude? [A]Agni IV Prime [B]Prithvi [C]Brahmos [D]Akash
1. Which among the following is correct in context with the Brown ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) ? [A]ATMs owned by Foreign Companies [B]ATMs not owned by banks but by private ATM service providers. [C]Outsourced ATM Service by Banks – The ATM named under a brand sponsor bank but ATM machine not owned by the Bank
1. India selected the French Fighter Rafale in a $10.2 bn deal in 2012 over 5 other contenders. After the down-selecting India narrowed down to two, one was French Fighter Rafale which was the other one ? [A]Boeing [B]Lockheed Matin [C]Cassadian (formerly EADS) [D]MiG 35 Cassadian (formerly EADS) Show Answer 2. The First Chairperson of
1. RBI revision of Repo/Reverse Repo rate by 10 basis points implies, which among the following fractions: [A]1% [B]100% [C]10% [D]0.10% 0.10% Show Answer 2. In 2011, only 4 countries were Polio-endemic, down from more than 125 in 1998. Three of them were India, Pakistan, Afghanistan. Identify the fourth country from the given options: [A]Nigeria
1. Which is not correct with respect to Goods and Service Tax in India? [A]Tax revenues shared between the Centre and State [B]Exports will be zero rated [C]Imports will be zero rated [D]It will be on the basis of tax on value addition Imports will be zero rated Show Answer 2. Tax in India proceeds
1. As per the Model Code of Conduct for the guidance of Political Parties and Candidates by Election Commission of India they can’t hold public meetings during the period of _____ hours ending with the hour fixed for the close of the poll. [A]12 [B]24 [C]36 [D]48 48 All parties and candidates shall avoid scrupulously
1. Recently India Sri Lanka Cricket Match ended in a tie in Common Wealth Bank Series held in Australia. Consider the following statements in this context: 1. A tie is the identical result that occurs when each team has scored the same number of runs after their allotted innings. 2. A draw is the inconclusive
1. Who amongst them is the Indian envoy sent by India to Maldives to assess the Maldives situation? [A]Ms. Nirupama Rao [B]Mr. M. Ganapathi [C]Mr. Rakesh Sood [D]Mr. Jaimini Bhagwati Mr. M. Ganapathi India evinced desire that the upheaval in Maldives can be adjudicated via passive dialogue. Thus India to utilize its influence in this
1. Who is the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights? [A] Jose Arce [B] H.V. Evatt [C] Navanethem Navi Pillay [D] None of them Navanethem Navi Pillay, The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Ms. Navanethem Navi Pillay recently demanded instant measures to arrest the growth of violence in Syria. Show Answer 2.
1. The premises of India’s Finance Ministry are also known as ___? [A]North Block [B]South Block [C]East Block [D]South Block North Block Show Answer 2. Nobel Laureate Wislawa Szymborska , who recently died was a ____? [A]Scientist [B]Economist [C]Poet [D]Dramatist Poet Show Answer 3. In India, Banks can accept interest free deposits in ___ 1.
1. In context with Banking in India, what is the difference between liquidity adjustment facility-repo rate and marginal standing facility rate ? 1. Under Repo rate banks can borrow above SLR Requirements, under MSF, Banks can borrow within SLR requirements 2. Under Repo, banks can borrow up to 5% of net demand and time liabilities,
1. Consider the following: 1. Post Offices 2. Commercial Banks 3. Cooperative Banks Which among the above can accept both time and demand deposits from public in India? [A]Only 2 [B]Only 1 & 2 [C]Only 2 & 3 [D]1, 2 & 3 2. Interests payable on savings bank accounts in India is ___ [A]Not regulated
1. The Indus Valley Civilization has not been deciphered yet. Consider the following reasons: 1. No knowledge about their language 2. Small length of inscriptions 3. Absence of bilingual texts Which among the above is/ are correct reasons? [A]Only 1 [B]1 & 2 [C]1 & 3 [D]1, 2 & 3 Explanation 2. A system known
1. Recently Iran has threatened to close which among the following important sea channels? [A]Duncan Passage [B]Persian Gulf [C]Gulf of Oman [D]Strait of Hormuz 2. “Right to service” is an important part of which among the following bills / act? [A]Lokpal & Lokayukta Bill [B]Citizen’s Charter and Grievance Redressal Bill [C]Right to Information Act [D]None
1. “Romancing with Life” is the autobiography of which among the following bollywood legends? [A]Shahsi Kapoor [B]Shammi Kapoor [C]Devanand [D]Rajesh Khanna 2. In the Windows XP, what does XP stands for? [A]Extra-Powerful [B]Experience [C]Extended Platform [D]Experience Platform 3. Pablo Picasso, the famous painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, and stage designer, one of the greatest and most
1. The “Registan Desert” is a part of which among the following countries? [A]Pakistan [B]Afghanistan [C]Tajikistan [D]Turkmenistan 2. What is the difference between Union Legislature and Parliament of India ? [A]Union Legislature consists of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Parliament consists of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and President [B]Union Legislature consists of Lok Sabha only,
1. Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary, India’s only dolphin sanctuary, is located in which among the following states of India? [A]West Bengal [B]Bihar [C]Assam [D]Uttar Pradesh 2. Late Hargobind Khorana, who died in the US on November 9, 2011 had received Nobel Prize in physiology in 1968, for work on which among the following? [A]Mechanisms of
1. Which among the following dates in December has been fixed as celebration of National Mathematics Day, to be observed as birthday of great mathematician Ramanujan? [A]December 16 [B]December 22 [C]December 18 [D]December 15 Explanation 2. Which among the following countries has recently abolished the Official retirement age? [A]Japan [B]Britain [C]France [D]Russia 3. The Comptroller
1. Which among the following cities was declared as “Tiger Gateway of India” during the first half of 2011? [A]Bhopal [B]Nagpur [C]Mysore [D]Lucknow Explanation 2. Which among the following protocols is also related to the Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) mechanism? [A]Kyoto protocol [B]Nagoya Protocol [C]Geneva Protocol [D]Cartagena Protocol 3. Consider the following matches: 1.
1. The Arabic word “Sukuk” is best placed in which among the following? [A]A tenet of Islam [B]A Festival of Islam [C]A term related to Islamic Banking [D]A term related to Saudi Politics Explanation 2. Consider the following statement: 1. The Tiny units in industries was defined for the first time in Industrial Policy Statement
1. Recently, Mark Boucher from which among the following countries became the first cricketer to take 500 Test catches? [A]England [B]West Indies [C]South Africa [D]Australia 2. Consider the following statements about Agni-II Prime, which was recently tested successfully: 1. Its a medium range ballistic missile 2. Its a surface to surface missile Which among the
1. Consider the following products: 1. Nakshi Kantha 2. E. I. Leather 3. Sujini Embroidery Work 4. Ilkal Sarees 5. Aranmula Kannadi Which among the following is the correct set of the states producing the above products respectively? [A]West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala [B]Bihar, Tamil nadu, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala [C]West Bengal,