1. Which among the following was the first bank purely managed by Indians? [A]Oudh Commercial Bank [B]Punjab National Bank [C]Bank of India [D]Allahabad Show Answer Punjab National Bank The first Bank with Limited Liability to be managed by Indian Board was Oudh Commercial Bank. It was established in 1881 at Faizabad. This bank failed in ..
1. The International Designator, also known as COSPAR designation, is an international naming convention for ___? [A]Rockets [B]Satellites [C]Typhoons [D]Galaxies Satellites The International Designator, also known as COSPAR designation, is an international naming convention for satellites. It consists of the launch year, a 3-digit incrementing launch number of that year and up to a 3-letter ..
1. The Cabinet Committee on Investments has been set-up to address which of the following___? [A]To submit a report on the hurdles creating bottle-necks on the economy [B]To boost big ticket investments and untangle red-tapism [C]To fast track disinvestment in PSUs [D]To attract foreign investment into India to attract foreign investment into India To boost ..
1. Who among the following can dismiss Governor of a state from his office? [A]State Legislative Assembly [B]Parliament [C]President [D]None of them President Show Answer 2. A member of a State Public Service Commission can be appointed and removed respectively by __: [A]Governor, Governor [B]Governor, President [C]President, Governor [D]President, President Governor, President Governor can appoint ..
1. Consider the following observations about the “Sulbasutras” discussed in context with the ancient Indian history and heritage: 1. The formulae in the Sulbasutras enabled the accurate construction of altars needed for sacrifices 2. Apart from Bodhayana, Lopamudra is also credited for some Sulbasutras 3. The mathematics in the Baudhayan’s Sulbasutras was algebraic Which among ..
1. The revolutionary organisation ‘Abhinav Bharat Society’ was founded in 1904 by: [A]Bhagat Singh [B]Vinayak Damodar Savarkar [C]Barindra Kumar Ghosh [D]Pulin Behari Das Vinayak Damodar Savarkar Show Answer 2. Who among the following propounded the ‘Safety Valve Theory’ of the foundation of Congress? [A]Lala Lajpat Rai [B]Anand Mohan Bose [C]Surendra Nath Banerjee [D]Bipin Chandra Pal ..
1. Barclays Chairman ‘Marcus Agius’ was recently compelled to resign for being involved in a scandal which has dealt a devastating blow to the bank’s reputation.The scandal is related to: [A]Insider trading [B]LIBOR interest rates [C]Money laundering [D]Credit Default Swap LIBOR interest rates Show Answer 2. Who among the following has become the third cricketer ..
1. The Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) Protocol adopted by COP-10 at Nagoya is regarding the fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the use of: [A]The genetic resources of the earth. [B]Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZs) [C]Marine and coastal areas significant for ‘eco-tourism’. [D]Technology transfer mechanisms for Clean Energy Development. Show Answer The genetic ..
1.Consider the following statements: 1.The President is immune from any civil proceedings against him/her. 2.But after giving two months’ notice, criminal proceedings can be instituted againthe President. Which of the statement(s) given above is correct regarding the immunity enjoyed by the President in respect of his/her ‘personal’ acts, during his/her tenure : [A]Only 1 [B]Only ..
1.Consider the following Statements: 1.River Irrawady drains into the Gulf of Martaban. 2.The Chindwin basin is situated in Myanmar. Which of the Statement(s) given above is/are correct? [A]Only 1 [B]Only 2 [C]Both 1 and 2 [D]Neither 1 nor 2 Both 1 and 2 Show Answer 2.The famous ‘Angkor Vat’ temple is situated in which of ..