1. Plasmodium falciparum, which causes malaria in humans is kept in which among the following groups? [A] Bacteria [B] Viruses[C] Protozoans[D] Fungi Show Answer Correct Answer: C [Protozoans] Notes:Plasmodium, a tiny protozoan is responsible for malarial disease. Different species of Plasmodium (P. vivax, P. malaria and P. falciparum) are responsible for different types of malaria.
GK Questions: 2009-2018
1. India’s First Moon Mission Chandrayaan was launched on which among the following dates? [A] October 27, 2007[B] October 22, 2008[C] November 23, 2008[D] December 17, 2008 Show Answer Correct Answer: B [October 22, 2008] Notes:Chandrayaan was launched on October 22nd 2008 and successfully reached the lunar surface on November 14, 2008. The ISRO lost
1. The terms Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia are related to which among the following? [A] Body Fat[B] Blood Sugar[C] Metabolism of sugar galactose[D] Respiration Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Blood Sugar] Notes:Hypoglycemia: low blood sugar Hyperglycemia: High blood sugar 2. Opium is obtained from the dry latex from which part of the Papaver somniferum Plant? [A] Stem[B] Leaves[C]
1. Which among the following movement started with “breaking the salt law”? [A] Non-cooperation Movement [B] Civil Disobedience Movement[C] Quit India Movement[D] Home Rule Movement Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Civil Disobedience Movement] 2. There was one socialist leader, who ran away from the Hazaribagh Prison and joined the Quit India Movement. Identify that leader
1. Which among the following acts, incorporated 11th Fundamental duty in Indian Constitution? [A] 42nd Amendment Act [B] 43rd Amendment Act[C] 86th Amendment Act [D] 89th Amendment Act Show Answer Correct Answer: C [86th Amendment Act ] Notes:Based On the recommendations Sardar Swaran Singh Committee 10 Fundamental Duties were added in Part-IV of the Constitution
1. Which among the following is the largest nuclear power station of India by capacity? [A] Tarapur Atomic Power Station, Maharashtra[B] Rajasthan Atomic Power Station, Rawatbhata[C] Kaiga Atomic Power Station, Karnataka[D] Madras Atomic Power Station, Kalpakkam, Tamil Nadu Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Tarapur Atomic Power Station, Maharashtra] Notes:With a capacity of 1400 MW, today,
1. Who among the following was the Prime Minister of India when Mandal Commission was constituted? [A] Indira Gandhi[B] Morarji Desai[C] Rajiv Gandhi[D] V P Singh Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Morarji Desai] Notes:In terms of Article 340 Morarji Desai Government appointed the Second Backward Classes Commission under the chairmanship of B P Mandal in
1. In which of the following states, the Sharavati Project is located? [A] Andhra Pradesh[B] Karnataka[C] Tamil Nadu[D] Madhya Pradesh Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Karnataka] Notes:Sharavati is the name of the river that flows entirely in Karnataka. India’s famous Jog falls is created by this river. Other name of Jog falls- Gerosoppa falls. 2.