1. Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN) is a space probe developed to study the atmosphere of Mars. It has been developed by _? [A] Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)[B] China National Space Administration (CNSA)[C] National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)[D] Russian Federal Space Agency (RFSA) Show Answer Correct Answer: C [National Aeronautics and ..
1. Jorwe culture, a Chalcolithic culture, was first discovered in which of the following states of India? [A] Maharashtra[B] Rajasthan[C] Gujarat[D] Jammu & Kashmir Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Maharashtra] Notes:Jorwe is a village and an archaeological site located on the banks of the Godavari River in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra. This site was first ..
1. Who was Sultan of Delhi Sultanate when Timur invaded India in 1398? [A] Mahmud Shah Tughluq[B] Jalal ud din Firuz Khilji[C] Aram Shah[D] Ghiyas-ud-din Balban Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Mahmud Shah Tughluq] Notes:Mahmud Shah Tughlaq was the last sultan of the Tughlaq dynasty to rule the Islamic Delhi Sultanate. During his reign in 1398, Amir Timur the Chagtai ruler invaded ..
1. At which of the following places was the first ever European township constructed in India? [A] Kochi[B] Chinsurah[C] Surat[D] Chennai Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Kochi] Notes:Fort Kochi in Ernakulam district of Kerala is the first European township in India. It is a water-bound region toward the south-west of the mainland Kochi. 2. Which of ..
1. Which of the following statements is incorrect? [A] Members of Lok Sabha are directly elected by the eligible voters[B] Money Bills can only be introduced in Lok Sabha[C] The Vice-President of India is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha[D] President nominates four members of Anglo-Indian Community to Lok Sabha Show Answer Correct Answer: D ..
1. Which of the following is the largest brackish water lagoon in Asia? [A] Chilika Lake[B] Loktak Lake[C] Wular Lake[D] Nal Sarovar Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Chilika Lake] Notes:Chilika Lake is a brackish water lagoon, spread over the Puri, Khurda and Ganjam districts of Odisha state of India. It is the largest brackish water ..
1. Which of the following organisations assist a country with the adjustment process under its Extended Fund Facility? [A] Asian Development Bank[B] World Bank Group[C] International Monetary Fund (IMF)[D] New Development Bank (NDB) Show Answer Correct Answer: C [International Monetary Fund (IMF)] Notes:When a country faces serious medium-term balance of payments problems, International Monetary Fund ..
1. Which of the following straits is located on the extreme southern tip of South America partly in Chile and partly in Argentina? [A] Dover Strait [B] Beagle Strait [C] Hudson Strait [D] Kara Strait Show Answer Correct Answer: B [ Beagle Strait ] Notes: Beagle strait is located in Tierra del Fuego Archipelago on ..
1. Devichandraguptam, a play by Vishakhadatta, tells story about which of the following rulers? [A] Sri Gupta [B] Ramagupta [C] Bhanugupta [D] Vishnugupta Show Answer Correct Answer: B [ Ramagupta ] Notes: Ramagupta was the elder son and immediate successor of Samudragupta. Earlier, he was known from the traditional narratives only, but later, three inscriptions ..
1. India is located on north of equator between which of the following latitudes? [A] Between 8°4′ and 37°6\’[B] Between 7°4\’ to 39°6\’[C] Between 8°7\’ to 36°6\’[D] Between 7°4\’ to 40°6\’ Show Answer Correct Answer: A [ Between 8°4′ and 37°6\’] Notes:India is located entirely north of the equator between 8°4′ to 37°6′ north latitude ..