1. Which among the following bodies is in charge of enforcement of the standards of the Indian Tricolor as per the provisions of the “Flag Code of India”? (A)Ministry of Home Affairs (B)Ministry of Culture (C)Bureau of Indian Standards (D)Supreme Court of India 2. Which among the following was the most important reason behind the ..
GK Questions: 2009-2019
1. Consider the following statements in context with Bancassurance in India: 1. Currently, a bank can tie up with only one life insurer and a general insurer to sell insurance products to its customers. 2. There has been a demand, that banks should be able to tie up with more partners. Which among the above ..
1. The enactment of COFEPOSA was done in 1974 for which among the following purposes? (A)To enable the state authorities for preventive detention (B)To curb the smuggling and conserve foreign currency (C)To stop the financing of terrorist activities (D)Maintenance of Internal Security 2. Consider the following statements: 1. Oil-for-Food Programme was introduced by United Nations ..
1. The 110-km long Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL ), which has been a thorny issue between India and Pakistan is located near which among the following? (A)Siachen glacier (B)Sir Creek (C)Shakshgam (D)Srinagar 2. Sandhyarani Devi Wangkhem, was a winner of a Silver Medal in the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China. In which sports ..
1. Who among the following appoints/ nominates the chairperson of the National Commission for Women? (A)President (B)Central Government (C)Vice President (D)President on recommendation of a Parliament committee 2. In which of the following insects, a pigment called luciferin is found? (A)Housefly (B)Firefly (C)Sandfly (D)Fruitfly 3. Consider the following statements: 1. National Data Bank (NDB) has ..
1. Recently, Mauritius has agreed to share information on bank accounts under its double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA) with India. Mauritius accounts for approximately what fraction of foreign direct investment into India? (A)20% (B)30% (C)40% (D)55% 2. Cayman Islands are famous for which among the following? (A)Tourism Hub (B)Offshore Financial Centre (C)Largest producer of Guava ..
1. A “Suitable Boy”, which is considered to one of the longest novels ever published in a single volume in the English language, has been written by which among the following authors? (A)David Malouf (B)Rohinton Mistry (C)Alex Miller (D)Vikram Seth 2. Recently an agreement between Fatah and Hamas had been reached. What are Fatah and ..
1. Consider the following statements: 1. As per Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy of the country, 74% composite FDI (direct + indirect) is allowed for telecom services 2. Telecom service License is allowed in India for Foreign Companies also. Which among the above statements is/ are correct? (A)Only 1 is correct (B)Only 2 is correct ..
1. Consider the following countries: 1. Ireland 2. Greece 3. Portugal Which among the above have received a bailout in the Eurozone sovereign debt crisis by May 2011? (A)1 Only (B)1 & 2 Only (C)2 & 3 Only (D)1, 2 & 3 2. Which among the following body of the World Trade Organization (WTO) has ..
1. RBI, in its annual policy for 2011-12, has estimated the wholesale price inflation at about which among the following fractions by March 2012? (A)5% (B)6% (C)8% (D)9% 2. In which year, Corporate Debt Restructuring (CDR) scheme was launched in India with an objective of ensuring timely and transparent mechanism for restructuring the corporate debts ..