1. What is India’s current rank as a shareholder in the World Bank ? [A]5th [B]6th [C]7th [D]8th Explanation 2. As per the new guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India, the interest on savings bank accounts is done on which among the following rates per day on daily balance in the customer’s savings account? ..
1. Who among the following is the author of the famous book “Silent Spring” which is credited for being of much help in launching the environment movement? [A]Ian Lowe [B]Pat Hutchings [C]Mike Kingsford [D]Rachel Carson 2. The phenomenon in which seeds germinate and seedlings grow while still attached to their mother plant before dropping down ..
1. Consider the following: 1. INSAT-3A 2. INSAT-3B 3. Kalpana-1 From which among the above, the IMD is receiving and processing meteorological data at present ? [A] Only 1 [B] 1 & 3 [C] 1 & 2 [D] 2 & 3 Explanation 2. Consider the following: 1. Patkai hills 2. Manipur hills 3. Mizo hills ..
1. Who among the following is the first citizen of a city in India? Mayor Chairman Sheriff Member of Legislative Assembly 2. The Elephanta caves have been mostly ascribed to which among the following dynasty? Chalukyas Cholas Rastrakutas Pallavas 3. The Bhagat Movement is related to which among the following tribes of India? Birhor Bhil ..
1. Recently SAGA-220 was making news. What is SAGA-220? [A]A joint naval exercise between India and South African Navies [B]A cultural festival organized by India’s Cultural ministry in South American Countries [C]A super computer developed by ISRO [D]A software developed by C-DAC Explanation 2. Under which among the following schemes, the government plans to provide ..
1. As per the latest norms, Investments equal to and more than which among the following amount in a mutual fund portfolio necessarily have to be accompanied by a KYC (Know Your Customer) acknowledgement letter? Rs. 25000 Rs. 50000 Rs. 75000 Rs. 100,000 Explanation 2. As per the Nehru Report, the composition of India’s parliament ..
1. Which among the following organization compiles the Global Hunger Index (GHI)? (A)United Nations World Food Programme (B)United Nations Development Programme (C)International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) (D)Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations 2. Which among the following economists is best known for his concepts of New Trade Theory and New Economic Geography? (A)Edward ..
1. All Minority Educational Institutions are entitled to exercise rights enshrined in which among the following articles of Constitution of India? (A)27 (B)28 (C)29 (D)30 Explanation 2. All most all of Iron Ore Production of India (96%) is confined to which among the following five states of India? (A)Orissa, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Goa and Jharkhand (B)Orissa, ..
1. Consider the following statements: 1. Amorphous carbon has lesser surface area than activated Charcoal 2. Charcoal is obtained from Amorphous Carbon by Pyrolysis Which among the above statements is / are correct? (A) 1 only (B) 2 only (C) Both 1 & 2 (D) Neither 1 nor 2 Explanation 2. In context with the ..
1. Consider the following statements: 1. Generation Based Incentives has been launched in India for promotion of electricity production by clean methods 2. The national policy on Biofuels has enshrined an indicative target of 20% blending of biofuels, both for bio-diesel and bio-ethanol, by 2017 Which among the above is/ are correct statements? (A)Only 1 ..