Page-339 of Daily Current Affairs -2021: Objective [MCQ] Current Affairs Quiz
1. What is India’s ranking on Human Capital Index released on May 15, 2015? [A]56 [B]90 [C]100 [D]123 Answer: 100Notes: India has been ranked at 100 on Human Capital Index, which measures countries on development and deployment of human capital. Finland has topped the 124 nation list. Finland is followed by Norway, Switzerland, Canada, Japan, ..
1. The controversial Omkareshwar dam is on which river? [A]Narmada [B]Tapti [C]Krishna [D]Chambal Answer: NarmadaNotes: The Omkareshwar Dam is gravity dam on the Narmada River Omkareshwar in Madhya Pradesh. The project has come up for hydel power production and enhancing irrigation facility in the Khandwa region, Madhya Pradesh. The dam has been in news due ..
1. Which of the following has launched Indian Trading League (ITL), India’s first capital market league? [A]SEBI [B]SAMCO [C]NSE [D]BSE Answer: SAMCONotes: SAMCO Ventures, a Mumbai-based discount broking firm, has launched Indian Trading League (ITL). The ITL is said to be the country’s first capital market league. The first edition of the league begins on ..
1. Who is the chairman of the committee set to review Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) issues? [A]U K Sinha [B]Urjit Patel [C]A P Shah [D]H M Khan Answer: A P ShahNotes: To find a solution to the ongoing controversies over the applicability of minimum alternate tax (MAT) on foreign institutional investors (FIIs), the government has ..
1. The National Florence Nightingale Awards are given for excellence in which profession? [A]Doctor [B]Nursing [C]Philanthropy [D]Journalism Answer: NursingNotes: The National Florence Nightingale Awards are given for nursing professionals. The award was instituted by Health ministry in 1973 as a mark of recognition for the meritorious services of nurses. The award carries Rs 50000 cash, ..